Two Down...One To Go

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you.

A/N: Violence towards a primary character is mentioned/discussed in this chapter. Please be forewarned if that is troubling for you.

A/N: Sorry for the unbelievably long delay in posting...my muse apparently has narcolepsy. I think it's at least partially awake again...hopefully. And as of now, I'm still planning on making this a fairly long, multi-part story, but if y'all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up soon.

Thank you to everyone that is still reading and commenting on this story...The positive reviews and votes definitely help keep me and my stubborn muse motivated...so keep them coming!

And remember...reviews and votes keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"People hide the truth because they're afraid." ~ Nicholas Sparks.

"Sometimes carrying the burden of an upsetting truth, and hiding it, is actually a gift you give to someone else. You bear that burden, so they don't have to, in a situation where telling them will change nothing." ~ Cassandra Clare

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 66

I hear a brief knock, followed by the sounds of JJ, Chance, and Summer slowly making their way into my room. I hadn't turned to look in their direction because I knew it was them. I knew they had been waiting just outside the door for an update from the doctors...one that they didn't actually get. Now they're going to expect an update from me. I just have to come up with something plausible so they won't keep asking me for more information.

I watch as they take up their "normal" places around my bed and look at me expectantly. When I fail to say anything...Chance is the first to break the silence.

"So what was that all about...really?"

Straight to the point. I usually admire that about him...Not so much this time.

I need to come up with something fast.

"Just setting up some tests for later."

Vague...but plausible.

"It took two doctors over an hour just to set up 'some tests'...could you please be a little more specific?" Chance responds.

Damn it...too vague.

"Well, I told you before...I want to get out of here as soon as I can. They have some tests they need to run to see how soon I can safely leave. Just some standard stuff."

Still vague...but hopefully he'll drop it.

"Why did Dr. Hayes need to bring in another doctor for that? Why couldn't she just do that on her own?" JJ asks.

Damn it...why can't they just drop it.

"I guess some of the tests required a different kind of specialty. And she mentioned something about wanting a second opinion on my case because of some of the issues I had when I first got here. Don't worry about it...everything is fine." I try to say as calmly as possible.