Wounds II

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you. This is one of those chapters.

A/N: Violence towards a primary character is mentioned/discussed in this chapter. Please be forewarned if that is troubling for you. This is one of those chapters.

A/N: This is the continuation / second part of last chapter (that turned out much longer than I thought it would) that I ended up having to break up into two sections. I try not to do that if I can, but I also want to make this as easy to read for everyone as possible.

***Also please note that this chapter is more explicit than some of the others with regards to descriptions of injuries sustained. If graphic depictions of that nature are disturbing for you... Please be forewarned***

I just wanted to thank everyone for the reviews and votes. My muse and I both appreciate it.

This is still, as of now, planned to be a fairly long, multi-part story, but if y'all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up soon.

And remember...reviews and votes keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Time heals all wounds. But not this one. Not yet." ~ Marie Lu

"Scars show us where we have been, they do not dictate where we are going." ~ David Rossi '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 58

"Are you doing okay?" Dr. Hayes asks.

I nod. I mean, I'm really not okay. I'm nowhere near okay...but I want to get this over as soon as possible.

I think they both know that, but neither one says anything...Thankfully. They just continue on with cleaning and re-bandaging everything.

I watch as Chloe starts to clean around all of the wounds. I try to not wince or move at all, but it definitely isn't the most comfortable thing I've ever felt. In fact, it hurts like Hell...but I know they need to do this and the less I complain about it...the faster they'll finish. I just hope that damn pain medicine will kick in soon.

Dr. Hayes, after examining all of the wounds, helps Chloe open the new bandages and place them gently over the various stitches and sutures that are covering a large section of my stomach and ribs.

They work in tandem and before long, all of those wounds are cleaned and re-bandaged once again. They even manage to re-wrap my ribs where I can breathe somewhat. It isn't quite as tight as before...but still tight enough that it will keep my broken rib somewhat secure.

I then hear Dr. Hayes mention they're going to clean and re-bandage the wound on my arm as well.

I watch as they remove the bandage there, and then clean and re-bandage that area. But I only briefly glance down at that wound. I already knew what that one looked like since I caused that injury myself before this whole mess started.