Pieces of the Picture

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you.

A/N: Violence towards a primary character is mentioned/discussed in this chapter. Please be forewarned if that is troubling for you.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the reviews. My muse and I both appreciate it.

This is still, as of now, planned to be a fairly long, multi-part story, but if y'all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up soon.

And remember...reviews and votes keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"I am intrigued by the way secrets move through a family and how events and perceptions from decades earlier continue to influence the way relatives view each other. Homes shape family histories as well." ~ J. Courtney Sullivan

"There are secrets in families. That is the definition of a family." ~ Jeffrey Tambor

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 51

After looking at me for a short time, Tom clears his throat again and begins to point towards the various pictures taped to the wall.

"Your team put the photos in order of when these women died, and as you can see, Lauren is the first photo on the board here."

Tom points towards my "twin" as he continues on "and from what I was able to find out with Ms. Garcia's help, it looks like it was an unfortunate set of circumstances which led to Lucas seeing Lauren again. I'm fairly certain that Lucas wasn't intentionally looking for Lauren, since I believe he thought Lauren died...just like the rest of us did. But I believe at some point...he saw her in passing, and once that occurred, something inside of him was triggered...and his jealousy from years earlier came back again. I think that's when all of this started." He finished by moving his hand down the remainder of the photos on the wall.

"How's that possible? How...or where...would he just randomly see her?" I ask.

"I believe he saw her at the hospital where he was completing his final set of rotations." Tom nods towards Garcia "I think she can provide you with a little more context on that part."

"I did a search of Lauren and her family and found out that her parents were involved in a serious car accident...right before Lauren's death. The records show her father died at the scene and her mother was transported to the hospital. Lauren wasn't in the car but was contacted by the hospital about the accident. The hospital her mother was taken to was the same one that Lucas was completing his rotations."

"Was Lucas the attending physician for Lauren's mother?" Rossi questioned.

"No, sir. But it appears as though he was on staff when she was brought in, so it would stand to reason that he could have seen her at the hospital. The attending physician was able to stabilize her mother and she appeared to be improving, but over the next few days, her health declined rapidly and she died a few days later. Her death was ruled as complications related to the accident, though the primary physician in charge of her care added an addendum to the notes stating he believed something else caused her death. It doesn't appear as though any other investigation into her death was ever completed though." Garcia concluded.