Facing JJ

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the reviews and votes. My muse and I both appreciate it.

This is still, as of now, planned to be a fairly long, multi-part story, but if y'all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up soon.

And remember...reviews and votes keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"If you're not careful, you can fall into a destructive cycle of self-pity." ~ Victoria Osteen

"Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for." ~ Dag Hammarskjold

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 55

I set the phone down on her bedside table and glance between Chance and Summer and immediately notice the worry on their faces.

I look over at Emily, but she avoids eye contact so I try asking her a direct question, hoping to draw her attention back to me "So...what did you find out during your tests? Did Dr. Hayes tell you anything yet?"

Emily doesn't respond and continues to avoid eye contact with me.

"Em? Sweetie...what did Dr. Hayes say?"

I watch as Emily glances over to Chance and then down to the cup on her table.

"Did you want more water?" Chance cautiously asks.

I watch as Emily nods, but she doesn't actually say anything.

Chance slowly holds the cup up for Emily. She slowly sips from it, before laying her head back against the pillow and closes her eyes.

She's acting as if I'm not even there...which has me really worried. I've seen her shut down or close off from me before...but this is different. This time...the way she's acting...it really scares me.

I look up at Chance before glancing over at Summer and they both shrug their shoulders as if to say they don't know what's going on either. I motion with my head for them to step over to the other side of the room so I can talk to them...where Emily hopefully won't hear us.

I hear Chance say "We're just going to go get you some more water mom...we'll be right back."

Emily never even opens her eyes. She just slightly nods her head to acknowledge she heard him.

We make our way to the side of the room...near the window overlooking the city...and I quietly whisper "what's going on? Did Dr. Hayes give her bad news or something?"

"I don't think so. She told us her tests were fine...but she wouldn't say anything else. Dr. Hayes can't tell us anything since mom told her to keep all of her medical information private after she woke up. We asked her to change that...but she said no." Chance answers...worry apparent in his voice.