Mind Games

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the votes and reviews. My muse and I both appreciate it. This is still, as of now, planned to be a fairly long, multi-part story, but if you all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up before too long.

And remember...reviews and votes keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***This chapter starts the second "part" of the story***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"We define family in many different ways: not just by blood but by people with whom we find a common ground and a common bond." ~ Adrienne C. Moore

"Horror is like a serpent; always shedding its skin, always changing. And it will always come back. It can't be hidden away like the guilty secrets we try to keep in our subconscious." ~ Dario Argento '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 25

Shocked at what she said, I look back at her and whisper "You know who I am?"

She simply nods and whispers back to me "I can't leave her. He's gonna kill her."

She didn't tell me how she knows me. But I know Emily risked her life to save her...so I need to make sure she's safe. I whisper back to her "let me worry about her...you need to go. I can't protect you and save her too" I try to explain as quickly as possible.

She nods in understanding...and reluctantly backs out of the room through the door I just came in.

I quickly reach for my phone and send a quick text to Hotch to let him know that I found Emily and Summer. That Summer is heading back down the trail from the building Garcia mentioned. That Emily is still being held at gunpoint by Lucas...and that I'm going to try to find a way inside if I can.

I watch as Summer slowly makes her way back down the path I walked up moments ago, and briefly send up a quick thank you to whoever was watching out for her...and ask they continue to protect Emily. I lean in close to the opening of the door and listen for any sound...any indication...that I have a chance to go in and help without making the situation worse for Emily.

I'd just as soon shoot the bastard but I can't risk her getting shot in the crossfire. I need to make sure he's away from her or has is gun lowered before I take that kind of risk.

*************************************************************************************

"Damnit" Hotch mutters. "I just got a text from JJ...somehow Emily managed to switch places with the hostage...she managed to get Summer free...but now she's the one being held at gunpoint by Lucas. JJ said she's going to try to find a way inside and that Summer is on her way here." Hotch relays the message to the team, who at this point, have all met up near the entrance to the trail.

"Hotch, Morgan and I will head down the trail to where JJ said Emily is being held. If we see Summer, we'll send her down to the two of you. Reid, make sure that none of the local PD move until we give the okay. Also, have EMS on standby. Garcia, keep track of our exact location so if we need backup, you can tell them exactly where to go. Everyone's on Comms so we can stay in touch." Rossi firmly states.