Come Back To Us

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you.

A/N: Violence towards a primary character is discussed in this chapter. Please be forewarned if that is troubling for you.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the votes and adding the story to your reading lists. My muse and I both appreciate it. This is still, as of now, planned to be a fairly long, multi-part story, but if you all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up before too long.

And remember...votes and reviews keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***This chapter is a continuation of the second "part" of the story***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"I would say she's in the place where the river of time runs into, where the holograms go when they disappear into the air, she is neither completely dreaming, nor fully awake." ~ Annie Fisher

"This is how it feels when you're bent and broken, This is how it feels when your dignity's stolen
When everything you love is leaving, You hold on to what you believe in." ~ Skillet – "Not Gonna Die"
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 30

As we quietly make our way into the room, I feel Summer's grip on my hand tighten even more and then I hear a sharp gasp. I have yet to look at Emily, but when I hear the gasp coming from Summer, I immediately look up to see what has caused her reaction and notice the woman I love hooked to dozens of machines, looking even paler than I can ever remember anyone looking before, and I have to stifle a gasp myself.

Summer stops in her tracks and I have to help steady her...in an effort to keep her from falling on the spot. The doctor had tried to prepare us for what we would see when we came in, but hearing it and seeing it are two completely different things. Emily is hooked up to an IV stand with multiple different bags of medicine flowing through her, a ventilator helping her breath, various monitors keeping track of her heart rate, blood pressure, temperature, and other vital signs, a drain tube for her lung, and she's wrapped in various bandages and a cast is on her right arm. If she were any paler, she could almost blend in with the stark white sheets that were engulfing her small, now fragile body.

I tug gently at Summer's hand and pull her with me to Emily's bedside as I reach down and brush a small errant strand of hair behind Emily's ear and lean down to press a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Emily...sweetheart. It's JJ. I'm here and you're safe now. I'm never going to leave you and I promise I'm never going to let anyone hurt you ever again. Summer is here with me. We both need for you to wake up and let us know that you can hear us and that you're going to be okay. We both need you. Please baby...please wake up. Show me those beautiful brown eyes of yours...let me know you're ok." I finish by gently taking one of Emily's hands in mine and lightly squeezing it.

Summer moves to the other side of the bed and leans down and places a gentle kiss on Emily's cheek and whispers "Mom? Can you hear me? Please wake up. I'm so sorry I didn't listen to you before. I know you warned me to be careful and I just didn't listen. I'm so sorry you got hurt trying to help me...please wake up and tell me you forgive me...please. I need you...I love you so much...I can't lose you..." the last part of her plea tapers off into a soft sob as she gently takes Emily's casted hand and sits in the chair next to the bed.