Easier Said Than Done

A/N: Please note that other triggering content (self-harm and suicide will be discussed) throughout the story. Please be forewarned and take precautions if these are troubling for you.

A/N: Violence towards a primary character is mentioned/discussed in this chapter. Please be forewarned if that is troubling for you.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the reviews and votes. My muse and I both appreciate it.

This is still, as of now, planned to be a fairly long, multi-part story, but if y'all aren't into it...I'll wrap it up soon.

And remember...reviews and votes keep me and my muse motivated...especially if they're positive!!!

***More drama and more secrets revealed***

I hope you enjoy this latest chapter...Now on with the show!!!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Believing is seeing. You gotta believe something will happen for you before you see it. Have faith in the process of getting there." ~ Unknown

"We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." ~ Unknown

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 56

I need to figure out what to say to her...how to approach my conversation with her...so that she doesn't shut down on me completely.

Oh...I have an idea.

I make my way over to the side of Emily's bed and slowly take a seat next to her, hoping to seek out eye contact with her, but being stubborn, Emily still refuses to look directly at me.

I need to change that as soon as possible if I hope to start knocking down those internal walls she's building up as the moments pass by.

"Em...did Dr. Hayes tell you how long she thinks you'll be here? I mean...how long you'll need to stay before you can be released?" I gently ask.

I watch as she slowly shakes her head 'no', but she doesn't actually say anything.

At least she's acknowledging my presence now. It's a start.

"I just realized that the last time we were talking...you know before all of this happened...we were trying to make a list of everything you were going to need at your place...since you seemed to be out of everything. But there may be a few more things we'll need to pick up now." I start...glancing up to see if Emily has noticed where I'm going with this conversation.

She's turned her head slightly, to look in my direction, but hasn't said anything yet, so I keep going.

"I thought if Dr. Hayes had mentioned when she thought you might be getting released, I'd have a better idea of when I needed to go pick up everything. That is if you want us to stay at your place while you're recovering. We can stay at my place instead if that would be easier...it's up to you though. And if I need to get anything special for your recovery...she can let me know that too." I finish...knowing this should get some kind of response from her.

"Wh...what?" Emily finally speaks... looking directly at me. The confusion apparent in her eyes. But just behind the confusion...emotional walls so thick and dark it nearly takes my breath away.