Boyfriend #1

BAD CUPID

Created By: Snow Marisvega

Chapter 98B

Henry's P.O.V

I wanted to sleep over at the hospital the night before but Bonnie wouldn't let me and asked me to go home and get some rest, although I didn't want to I couldn't say no for the tenth time. Yesterday had scared pretty much everyone and it had become a dangerous silence among us after Dylan went unconscious again. I was so scared but the doctors assured us he was going to be fine but, would he?

I had skipped school today and went straight to the hospital, I needed to be there when he woke up. Once I opened the door to his room, I saw Mr and Mrs. Dexwell fast asleep. Mrs. Dexwell was laying on the uncomfortable couch while Mr. Dexwell was sitting on a chair close to his son, his head was resting on the bed and he held one of Dylan's hands. They were still in the same clothes as yesterday which meant they did sleep here, I went out of the room and drive to Starbucks which was down the street to get them both a cup of coffee to start up their day.

When I returned, I knocked on the door gently and they both woke up rapidly and Mrs. Dexwell sat up and looked at Dylan.

"It's...just me." I said with a small smile and she sighed. "Good morning."

"Henry, hey." Mr. Dexwell smiled back as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Good morning, Henry. Sorry if we startled you, we just thought-"

"It's fine," I assured her and walked over to them. "I got you both coffee to start up your day." I said as I handed each bag to them.

"Henry," Mrs. Dexwell called softly. "That's so nice of you. God knows I need one." She said and took it out, taking a sip.

"Thank you, Henry. I didn't even know when I fell asleep." Mr. Dexwell said with a sigh.

"He hasn't opened his eyes." Bonnie said in a sad tone.

"He's going to be okay," I said, being the hopeful one now.

Bonnie nodded. "Yeah, he will be." She said and forced a smile. "Shouldn't you be in school?"

"I...decided to take the day off."

"Henry, you don't take days off at school. It doesn't work that way." Bonnie said, her brows furrowed.

"I'll try to remember that." I said and she smiled. "How about you both go home and freshen up, if he wakes up or shows any signs of waking up, I will call you." I said and they both looked at me.

"No, we're fine and-"

"Mrs. Dexwell, it's nine am and you both could really use a shower right now and food and more rest, so please."

"Did you just indirectly say we stink?" Mr. Dexwell asked with an arched brow.

"That didn't come out of my mouth." I said with a small chuckle.

Bonnie chuckled as well. "You do stink, Matthew."

"Baby, no!"

She laughed.

"Come on, he's right. Let's go home and freshen up, Henry will call us if our boy wakes up." Mr. Dexwell said.

Mrs. Dexwell was hesitant but finally agreed, sighing. "Okay, fine. But call us if anything happens."

I nodded. "I will."

They both stood up and Bonnie picked up her purse. "Thank you, son." She said and placed a kiss on my cheek. "This coffee really does taste good." She said with a smile and walked passed me.