Battle Of The Franchise

BAD CUPID

Created By: Snow Marisvega•

Chapter 3

Picture is Jax

DYLAN'S POV

It was dinner time and mom made lasagna. I had been upstairs reading this book I bought back in Seattle.
Dark Vision. It's kinda cool. About a girl who sees the future. Well. Draws it and to learn to control her powers, she goes to an institute where she meets three other kids like her except with different powers of course and one of them will end up being her man. Between Gabriel and Rob.

"So, how was school today?" Mom asked as we ate.

"Great, and oh! You owe me ten bucks by the way."

She frowned. "What? How? What did I promise you?"

"You said no one would stare, everyone did because I'm a hot, white Kaneki." I stated, smirking.

"We didn't bet any money." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Well, who cares?" I shrugged as I ate, frowning at her.

"Anyways, make any new friends today?" She asked, changing topics.

"Yeah, two, or maybe one. I'm not sure if he's my friend but he's in the football team and the other. She's a cheer...no, Head cheerleader." I said and smiled once I remembered her correcting me.

"Oooh," Mom cooed in a flirtatious way. "So, when are you gonna ask her out?"

I coughed, choking for the second time today.

"Honey, are you okay?" She asked as I stared at my plate.

"Mmhmm," I nodded and took a sip of water from my cup. "Well mother, I can't ask her out. She has a boyfriend and we are just friends."

"Yeah and she might be giving you a signal. Steal her away from her boyfriend!"

"Mom! Really?" I shook my head and she laughed.

"Whaaaat?"

I'm very gay! Don't you see the signs?

"You're unbelievable. Besides, I don't even really care. She's not exactly my type anyways. She's a queen bee."

"What's wrong with being a queen bee? I was a queen bee when i was in high-school."

"Yeah, and how did that turn out for you? You had a baby in that same high-school." I flashed her a smile. "I don't really care about friends, all I need is to just get the hell out of high school." I sighed. "And go to college and be done with college, and live life." I sighed.

"Oh, you better be careful what you wish for." Mom chuckled.

"Yeah, no friends."

"But son, high school isn't complete without friends." Dad spoke and I stopped eating suddenly. "You should make friends." I had totally forgotten he was here and now that he had spoken, I was suddenly irritated.

I sighed, ignoring him.  When did he even get here?

"Highschool friends who you make bonds with tend to be your safe place as well. I mean, sure some can be assholes, but when you find the right fri—"

"It's my business if I make friends or not, not anyone's and so if it's too hard for anyone to understand that. Then they can go to hell."

Dad swallowed. "Look son, all I'm just saying is if you don't have friends, you'll be—"