Fooling Him

BAD CUPID

Created By: Snow Marisvega•

Chapter 44

"No, it's Raven " I answered, still looking at the redhead who just held her purse with two hands and didn't even look away.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" Jaxton asked as he marched towards us, I looked behind me and he was scowling right at her.

"I-I don't know, keep your voice down." I said hinting at the fact that mom didn't know we were all fighting.

He nodded. "What do you want?" He asked her.

"I uh.." She shook her head, making her hair go back.

"Didn't you gather your thoughts before coming here?" I cocked my brow at her.

Raven swallowed nervously. "I uh, I came to talk to you both."

"Jaxton," I called and he turned to look at me. "Do you want to talk to her?"

"No." Jaxton said and folded his arms. "I don't have anything to say to her. Do you?"

"No." I flashed her a smile. "As you can see, we are both not interested in whatever you have to say."

Raven's lips quivered. "I just-"

"Who is it, is it the pizza?" Mom asked and walked towards us. "Oh, Raven," She smiled. "Hey, I haven't seen you around in a while."

"Hi, Mrs. Dexwell" Raven faked a smile.

"How are you?"

"I'm good." She replied. 

"Well, what are you three whispering about?" She asked and looked at me.

Raven looked at me and then back at mom. "I uh-"

"She was just leaving, she uh, she came to drop something off, isn't that so?" I smiled at her.

"Thank you for stopping by," Jaxton said.

"I um," Raven nodded. "Yeah, uh-"

"Nonsense. Don't be silly, boys." Mom scoffed. "I am sure you are not in a hurry, right?" Mom asked her. "Even if you are, just come in, today is a happy day." Mom said, grabbed her hand and pulled her along with her.

I looked at Jaxton who rolled his eyes in annoyance. "That bitch," he muttered and followed them to the kitchen. I closed the door and followed as well.

"Oh hey, Raven right?" Dad asked, a smile on his face.

The devil smiled back. "Hi, Mr. Dexwell."

"How are you? It's been a while."

"Yeah, I.."

"Well, I am going to borrow Raven, we will be back later, okay?." I said and gripped her hand, pulling her up with me and into my room, while Jaxton followed behind.

"Ow, dude." She complained as I twirled her into the room. Jaxton closed the door once he came in and we both stared at her.

"Well, I guess I'm not welcome in yet." She said and combed her hair with her fingers. "And I guess your parents don't know about our fight."

"What do you fucking want, Raven?" I asked as I just gave her a blank stare. "Why are you in my house, serpent?"

Raven shrugged lightly. "I already answered that. I just....wanna talk?"

"Are you shitting me?" Jaxton laughed hysterically. "Did you come to taunt us again? Or wait," he paused and smiled like I did whenever I was with Johnathan, if you understand. "You came to remind us you don't need a fucking watchdog?"