The Redhead And The Blonde

BAD CUPID

Created By; Snow Marisvega

Chapter 10.

Dylan's P.O.V•

I threw the covers off my face with a sigh.  "Another fucking day." I muttered as I climbed out of bed with a yawn. I headed for the bathroom, my phone in my hand as I called Isabelle.

Raven had dinner with us, I didn't go to the friendly dinner with Christian anymore because well, he wasn't answering my calls and I was already hours late and then he switched off his cellphone. I texted him an apology but of course he was not going to reply to that, I knew he was mad and he did have every right to be mad, I mean I did say I would show up.

Raven went home after dinner and my mom did seem to like her but also told me to be careful. "This one is a good person, she does have a good heart but she will give you trouble." Mom said, and mom was never wrong.

And oh, she knew that whole study thingy was a lie. I am not even surprised.

Flashback

"You know you've gotta do better" Mom spoke.

I frowned as I looked up from the dishes I was washing, and at her.

"What'd you mean?" I was confused.

"Did you actually think I'm stupid?"

"Well, it kinda depends but what are you going on about?" I questioned.

"The study thing?" She laughed. "Really? Did you think i was gonna believe that?"

"I'm not sure why you wouldn't," I shrugged.

"How old do you really think I am?"

"Fifty four?" I answered jokingly.

She smacked me at the back out of my head, making me squeal in pain.

"Mom!!!!"

"That was rhetorical."

"How was I supposed to know?"

I knew.

She smiled. "Well that's what you get. I hope you two didn't..."

"If you are talking about sex and sperm and all that stuff, then no." I said as I went back to doing the dishes. "Nothing happened because when a boy and a girl are alone together in a room, it doesn't mean they want to have sex, I mean not all teenage boys and girls are like that." I told her. 

"Raven is a nice girl," I shrugged. "She is a friend of mine like I told you, she does have a boyfriend too and the only relationship Raven and I have, is the one called friendship."

"It's a shame. I really like her though. You both have a great bond. Lying and acting all smart to the queen of lies" she said with a chuckle as she poured herself a glass of water.

"I'm glad you know everything that does come out of your mouth is a lie." I said.

Mom laughed as she took a sip of her water while I smiled.

" So, where is your husband? Haven't seen him in some days."

Not that I care.

"Well, I am glad you've noticed." She smiled as she leaned on the counter.