Enemies To Lovers Arc

BAD CUPID

Created By: Snow Marisvega•

Chapter 5

PICTURE IS HENRY
A week later.

I had a frown on my face as I walked through the halls, I was really exhausted. My mom and I had stayed up talking, talking about her high school days. Now, I've heard about her high school days a lot, but it still that story I sit down to listen to again and again.

My mom was an amazing woman, although she swore a lot and wanted to beat me with a shoe half the time, she was still my best friend. She was not  the kind of parent who'd say, they were always the A student, her head was in the books. Blah. Blah. Nope, not this one. She was the exact opposite.

She talked about how popular she was back in high school and how people adored her and loved her hair. My mom was the head cheerleader in her school, and when she showed me her high school photos, my jaw dropped because she was DROP ALIVE GORGEOUS.

My mother is thirty three. Yup, she had me at a very very young age. She was 16 when she got pregnant for the captain of the baseball team. Her husband was a year and a couple months older than her at that time and was her boyfriend. My mom said she still went back to the same high school, even after she had me. She was not the mean girl but she was the mean girl, if that makes sense.

My grandparents decided to take care of me, my mom's own parents of course, so mom could finish high school and college. My mom didn't miss my first word or when I started to walk, she was there. A 16year old raising a kid, everyone talked but she never considered me a mistake and instead fought with people who couldn't shut up. She was scared, yes, and she may have thought about aborting me, but the captain and her boyfriend agreed to support the baby. It was his baby of course, and her parents also decided to help.

My mom dropped out after her second year in college to take care of me, she wanted to be there for me. She'd been taking cooking classes and working part-time and when she was twenty, she worked at that restaurant I had mentioned earlier. She got married to my dad after he graduated at twenty two. He thankfully loved her enough to not have another girlfriend. He got a house, and did well, they lived happily ever after, until he got transferred to Seattle and that's the story.

A pregnant sixteen year old, the talk of the town back then, but now. Everyone adores her and thinks she's amazing when they hear she has a seventeen year old son and still looks like a goddess. And believe me when I say sometimes people would think my mom was my sister, it happens a lot and that is why she says she looked eighteen. I don't blame the people who think she's my sister and sometimes we played that game with people, because she refuses to age at thirty three. I remember back in Seattle, my friend's brother came up to me and said he liked my sister and wanted to take her on a date, asking if I could hook them up.

I just looked at him and said; "You want to go on a date with my mother? Mummy issues much?"

And he froze. I remember how pale he went and couldn't find his words, it was funny but trust me not to laugh and make him feel stupid and embarrassed because I deprive pressure from making cis people uncomfortable.

Matthew Dexwell was and is a lucky man, I'd say. He had me at the age of eighteen so he also looked very young for a Dad. He was thirty five and was constantly hit on by single women who thought he was the Adam to their Eve. Girls back at home would lose their shit when they would see my Dad. Sigh.