Dominic

BAD CUPID

Created By: Snow Marisvega•

Chapter 36.

~•Dylan's P.O.V•~

Ding!

The elevator opened and we both walked out.  I had changed my clothes, and I brought along mom's homemade perfect Tostada, while Jaxton came with a bouquet of flowers, rose actually.

I walked with Jaxton to the receptionist, she seemed to know him well. They talked for a short while, while I kept looking around. I gulped nervously as I held the Tostada we had brought for Astrid, I should have just stayed home. I had completely forgotten that Astrid stayed in a hospital for some reason, the place I dreaded and hated.

This  was the same floor I was admitted in after the  Vaughn  episode and now, I'm back here. What if there's a trapped ghost in here who keeps haunting the patients, or feeds from them and is waiting for that one person to come in so they can possess him, and follow him home? That should be me but they wouldn't have the balls.

"Hey, you okay?" Jaxton questioned, concerned.

I looked back at Jaxton, and just smiled.

"Of course."

"You know you didn't have to come." He said softly, as if already getting the hint.

"I wanted to come okay, I might be giving it a second thought right now, but," I looked around again, with a soured expression. "I'm fine, and I told you already, I do want to see Astrid and I'm gonna see her. Don't worry about me. We should go see her before this gets cold."  I rose the bag that had the food in it, up a little.

Jaxton smiled warmly, and nodded. "Okay, room 303, It's this way." He said as he led the way. I just gave him a nod, and as he walked, I followed closely. I found myself looking at the numbers, impatiently waiting for the door with the number 303.

Room 299

Room 300

Room 301

Room 302.

"Ha! We're here." I grinned and looked at Jaxton.

"Yeah, and I've been standing here for few seconds while you kept reading the room numbers out loud, like you were about to save someone from having his soul taken by Lucifer."

"I read it out loud? I swear I thought it was just in my head, and besides you know how much I hate hospitals. Now can we go in or do we have to wait for you to die first?"

Jaxton muttered something and sighed, before opening the door with a smile. I followed him in and closed the door  behind me gently, also fixing a smile.

There was a woman laying down on the hospital bed whom I assume is Astrid, and a little girl with blonde hair. She was wearing a black dress and some boots, reading from a book.  The particular words she was saying right now were very familiar, and I tried to remember where I saw it or heard it.

I knocked on the door softly, interrupting the girl and they both looked at our direction.

"Oh, Jaxton." Astrid smiled widely. "You're here again."

"Hi." Jaxton walked up to her and kissed her on the cheek, while she did the same.  "Well, look what I got you." He said and showed her the flowers.

Astrid's face softened. "You really are such a sweetheart. You didn't have to."