Spilling My Tea

BAD CUPID

Created By: Snow Marisvega

CHAPTER 13

Dylan's P.O.V

Mom dropped Jaxton and I off at school before heading to work. She and Jax seemed to hit it off well. They were talking and as happy as I was that my mom and a friend of mine were laughing this way. I was a little curious, okay maybe more than a little because I didn't know what made them bond so well like this.

Every now and then Jaxton looked lost in his thoughts. He probably thought I didn't notice. This morning after showering, I had called his name thrice but he didn't answer and I just acted like I didn't when he came back to his senses.

What was he thinking about? I had told him to try and forget about Vaughn, although it ain't easy, so I've heard but still and I could have sworn I saw him and my mom exchange looks in the kitchen before we ate. Maybe its just my head playing tricks on me or..she said something she's not supposed to or I don't know. Ugh. I should stop thinking about it.

Can I even?

Jax had headed off to his class, the warning bell had been rung. I began heading to mine when I felt someone walk beside me. I looked up at the person and smiled when I saw who.

"Hey, handsome."

"Hey," Christian smiled. "You look great."

"I always look great, but thank you" I shrugged smiling making him laugh.

"Uh, I just wanted to say thank you for coming yesterday." He said as I stopped walking when I got to my class. I just stood outside with him, we didn't have the same class now.

"Of course, I'm still sorry for the last time."

"No, Its okay. You made it up to me and I had fun yesterday." He said with a smile.

I smiled back.

"Me too, It was real fun. Thank you for yesterday and I give it to you, you're actually really funny."

He chuckled.

"Nah. That's all you, I try"

"I...I've gotta head in now." I smiled, pointing at my class behind me.

"Sure. I've gotta go to before Mrs. Higgins gives me detention."

I gasped.

"That old bitch, you've gotta run then, hun." Mrs. Higgins wasn't the woman you'd mess with. She's old, yes. I think in her fifties and so her brain was also old and if you went late to her class, you get detention.

He chuckled. "I'll see you around?"

"We go to the same school, so yes.." I smiled back at him before he walked off. I watched him as he left, he was really cute. I looked away about to head in when I saw Henry standing across and staring at me, holding his backpack.

"What?" I asked as I gave him a stern look. He just started walking and muttered something so  I could hear him as he walked past me into the classroom

"Fag."

I froze.

Did he just.

I clenched my fists angrily.

No no no no.

I tried to calm down but he had crossed the line. I hate that word. I turned to see him walking to his seat.

"HEY!" I called out. He stopped and turned. The class went silent immediately. I walked towards him, giving him a cold stare.

"What did you just say?"