No Longer Mine

March 2, 2014

Now that the McBusted tour was over, days were spent in the studio while the guys wrote songs for their album.

They were doing quite well so far. They had some new songs they all wrote together and some songs they wrote separately. Plus, They had taken songs from the unfinished McFly album six and some songs James had written (but never used) for his past projects like Son of Dork and Future Boy.

McBusted was taking the nation by storm. None of us had expected such an uproar about the band and none of us realized how many people really wanted a Busted/McFly collaboration to happen. It was such a big deal that ITV was making a special for them where Fearne Cotton would go backstage with the boys and do in depth interviews with them and the important people in their lives. Including me.

I didn't have much of a job at the studio with the boys writing, and even though they are full-grown adults now, Fletch still requested I stay with them ("You never know what they could do" were his exact words).

I sat down to check my emails while getting ready, but opened another tab.

I placed my cursor in the search bar and let my hands hover over the keyboard for a minute. What if Fletch could somehow see my searches? Don't be ridiculous, Lilly. You're paranoid.

I place my hands on the keys and slowly begin to type, biting the inside of my cheek until it's raw.

Jobs for completed A-levels

A little research never hurt anyone.

I click on the first result that comes up and am bombarded with tons of different options for post A-levels employment.

Maybe I should be more specific.

I go back to the search page, delete my old search and type a new one.

Jobs for people who have completed their A-levels and like biology.

Once again, I'm greeted with basically the same results the last search gave me. They're really gonna make me spell it out for them, aren't they?

Screw it.

Are there any jobs in the medical field that don't require you to go to medical school?

I click on the first result, which lists different jobs in the medical field that don't require medical school training. Most of them still require specific schooling however, such as nursing jobs. However, at the bottom of the page, there is a listing for different job opportunities for paramedics.

Paramedics require a high school diploma or GED to be accepted into two year programs.

That's basically the same thing as A-levels, right? I quickly click on the first link.

Baltimore Paramedic Program

I quickly google where Baltimore is. Maryland, USA. No, no, I need UK results.

But I keep reading anyways. It seems perfect. Two years of training before getting accepted into a stable program. Like a paid internship. Getting to save people's lives everyday...

I thought back to the time the boys and I were out to breakfast during the Motion in the Ocean tour and I helped that guy by performing a tracheotomy.

Which was definitely totally illegal, but still.

I got that warm feeling in my chest. The one James told me about.

Though to be fair, it could have been pure terror.

And then my phone rings, and I'm snapped back to reality.