Tired Songs

If you don't remember the journal Lilly bought that is mentioned in this chapter because this story is ridiculously long, go reread "If looks could kill then we all would be doomed".

*****************************************************************************

February 28, 2007

Motion in the Ocean Tour: Lisbon, Portugal

Today was the second to last show in the McFly Motion in the Ocean Tour, and tomorrow I was graduating.

It started to become more apparent to me that we weren't the same kids working together when all of this started. When Danny got a nosebleed, and Dougie wouldn't talk to me, and Harry flirted with me. There was no more band house. Tom was almost 22 years old, and none of us were going to be teens anymore come the end of the year.

It was a little scary, and a lot of fun.

One thing that did stay the same was the little journal I had bought when I went to Essex during the Wonderland tour to talk to Gi because of Tom's moody stage- or 'goth stage', as Harry likes to call it. And I had continued to write down the lessons I had learned in the company of the McFly boys. It had grown quite substantially, and took it everywhere with me, as well as a copy of Room on the Third Floor.

Though my graduation is tomorrow, I am still staying for this show and heading out late tonight.

The boys were about half way through the show, and they were getting to my favorite part.

Every tour, we promise Harry a drum solo, and Tom, Dougie and Danny get very jealous that he gets to rock out (even though they get to jump around with guitars for the rest of the show), so they decided this tour, they would join him.

Right after Danny finishes Not Alone, Tom, Dougie and Harry leave the on-stage Tiki bar (yup, that was a thing) and the lights all dim, as the three boys in the front put on white hoodies, and take out single drums for themselves. As Harry begins to beat the drums, his platform rises into the air and the three boys still on the ground use their small drums to compliment him, as all spotlights go to Harry.

I thought the boys weren't actually going to do it, on account of them feeling silly, but they actually all got really into it and it was super cool.

When they finished, Tom exclaimed into his mic,

"Give it up for Harry!" He said, extending the 'y' sound.

"Take a look at him backing up!" Dougie said, as the platform Harry was on started to float back into place on the stage. Dougie made beeping noises to replicate that of a truck backing up as Harry did a final drum fill.

"God, it was hot in them hoodies." Tom exclaims, wiping the sweat off his face, revealing his normal button up shirt and matching tie.

"I think we look like the Pussycat Dolls in those hoodies!" Dougie laughs.

"You do." Danny says to him, adjusting his microphone stand.

"You do." Dougie argues.

"You do Voodoo." Danny says in a silly voice, making the other boys laugh.

"Okay." Tom starts "You guys having fun?" He exclaims, as the audience cheers louder. "Well the next song is a very special song for us because...it's um...well it's a place." He continues, "And it's a place where me and Danny spent a very long time-" Danny cuts him off by clearing his throat in the microphone to signify his importance. "Working hard in a hotel room. Sing along guys, this is Room on the Third Floor!"