So Much Love to Save

May 19, 2011

Danny, Dougie and Harry were coming over to my house this afternoon because Tom was proposing to Gi tonight. He was going to propose in the auditorium where they met at their old theater school with lights and candles and such.

"Sounds cheesy to me." Danny said, eating some crisps. He was the only one that was here so far.

"I don't know. It's probably really sentimental to them." I say.

"Yeah probably. You know how Tom is with sentimental things." Danny laughs. I furrow my brows at him.

"You cry when people give you thank you notes." I say.

"It's not a competition, Lilly." Danny says, just as the doorbell rings. I laugh, and go over to answer it. As soon as I open the door, Harry engulfs me in a hug.

"Hello to you, too." I say, as he lets go. He's beaming.

"You know who I can't wait to hug?" Harry asks.

"Dougie?" I ask.

"Dougie!" He says, going into my living room and sitting next to Danny on the couch. I close the door and walk over to them.

"What's going on, Harry?" I ask.

"Oh, nothing, nothing." He says, still smiling. "Except..."

"Except?" Danny asks nervously.

"Except I might have been offered a once in a lifetime opportunity. And I might have said yes." He says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I was contacted by the BBC...and they want me to be a contestant on this season of Strictly Come Dancing."

"Woah! Mate!" Danny exclaims, smiling.

"Wait, wait, wait. I don't believe it." I say.

"You think I'm too famous?" He asks.

"I think you aren't famous enough." I say. "And plus, why would they contact you? Why wouldn't they contact me?"

"They contacted Fletch." Harry says. Oh...well that makes sense.

"So you're doing it?" Danny cuts in.

"Of course! I couldn't say no. You know I love a good competition and annihilating anything in my path to victory." He smiles.

"Lovely." I comment. "Can you dance?"

"Can I dance?" Harry repeats in disbelief. "Of course I can dance!" He gets up and starts doing this weird move where basically none of his upper body is moving and he's swaying his hips. He looks like a cheap version of Shakira to me. "I call this one snake hips."

"You know what? You should save it for the dance floor." Danny says, ushering, Harry to sit down. Then the doorbell rings again. I quickly get away from 'Snake Hips', and when I open the door, Dougie runs into the living room to see the other boys immediately. I close the door and follow him.

"You guys aren't going to believe what's happened!" Dougie exclaims. "I have been offered a once in a lifetime opportunity...and I might have said yes."

"Well this should be good." I sit down next to Danny.

"Fletch was contacted by ITV...and they want me to be a contestant on this year's season of I'm a Celebrity: Get Me Out of Here!" Dougie exclaims. There is complete silence for about thirty seconds.

"What is going on?" Danny pipes up.

"I get to go to the jungle!" Dougie exclaims.

"Mate, the jungle is nothing in comparison to Wembley Arena." Harry says.

"What?" Dougie asks.

"I'm gonna be on Strictly!" Harry exclaims.

"No way! At the same time?" Dougie asks.

"Apparently." Harry shrugs.

"Awesome!" Dougie exclaims, and Harry hugs him. Dougie kind of rejects the hug, as he usually does.

"Oh I forgot." Harry lets go of Dougie. "You have someone else to hug you now."

"What?" I ask. The boys all look at Dougie, as if to say, you have to tell her.

"I have a girlfriend." Dougie says. "Her name is Lara." Now, the other two boys look at me. All that comes to mind is Lara Croft...

"Have you been together long?" I ask.

"No, no." Dougie almost laughs. "I mean unofficially, we've been seeing each other a few months, but officially, only three weeks."

"Does she make you happy?" I ask. It becomes very quiet.

"Very." Dougie says softly, nodding. I smile genuinely.

"Good." I say. "Now...shall we celebrate?"

"Hell yes!" Danny exclaims.

//

Tom actually proposed to Gi on April 19, 2011, but due to my need to cram in events, I postponed it to a week later...sorry!

Oh, and snake hips is a real dance move. Harry says it's his signature...