I Got Excited, I Lost My Mind

November 1, 2005: Wonderland Tour; Ibiza, Spain

Today is my eighteenth birthday.

But if anyone asks you, I'm 21.

My alarm sounded at seven AM. Not only was today my birthday, but it was a big day for the boys. Today they find out how their album ranked and that was pretty nerve-racking.

I was extremely happy to be spending my birthday in a hotel in Ibiza. I had never spent my birthday outside of the UK, which meant it was always cold, but here in Ibiza it was 70 degrees on the first day of November. Some would call this paradise.

I made my way to the lobby where I was supposed to meet the boys, Fletch and Richard, their producer, so that we could go to a studio down the road for the boys to find out their rank.

I saw Fletch and Richard but none of the boys.

"Hey Fletch." I said walking up to them. "Hey Richard."

"Hey Lilly." Fletch said, hugging me (which took me by surprise). "Happy birthday." He held out a present.

"Aww Fletch!" I smiled, taking the box. "You got me a present?"

"Hey, it's the least I could do." He smiles. "But don't think I'm going soft on you." I laugh. "Go on, open it."

I begin to rip the paper off the reveal a card, which I open. It has a cake on the front. I open it.

Dear Lilly,

Happy birthday! Thanks for always being such a help to me and the boys. Have a good one.

Fletch

and in the card was one hundred dollars.

"Woah, Fletch!" I say.

"Hey, don't mention it kid. A birthday bonus." He says. I smile and begin to open the box. Inside I take out a satchel looking thing. I notice it has C's all over it. I read a label on the top.

"Coach?" I ask.

"It's a big brand in America. I noticed you don't have a case for your laptop and we travel a lot. That's a good one." He smiles.

"Thanks Fletch." I smile again.

"No problem. And by the way," he says, pulling something out of his pocket. "These are keys to the boys rooms, just in case." He hands me four keys labeled TF, HJ, DJ and DP.

I talk with Richard and Fletch for a while and we all reveal that we're nervous about the album rank. All of the sudden, I feel someone jab my sides. I scream a bit and turn around to be faced by Danny.

"Happy birthday!" He yells. I laugh and give him a hug, along with the rest of the boys. We get in Fletch's car and because Richard is with us, I am force to sit between Dougie and Harry in the way back.

"Hey Lilly we have a gift for you." Harry says, and Tom and Danny turn around to face us.

"Really?" I ask.

"Of course!" Tom says. "Danny has it." I look at Danny, and his smile fades. "Go ahead, Dan. Give it to her."

"Maybe we should wait." Danny says quickly.

"What? No! It's her twenty-first birthday, Danny. Give her her gift." Harry says.

"No I don't think so." Danny says.

"You do have it, right?" Tom asks. Danny laughs nervously, showing me he doesn't have it.

"Of course I have it!" He says.