While You Got the Chance

March 4, 2013

So now Tom was married, Harry was married, and there was still no album six. 

When I walked into the studio this morning, before I even got into the room, I could hear the boys rehearsing a song. For the most part, the walls were sound proof, so it was really hard, but I could hear the faintest bit. 

It sounded...country. And I could hear Danny playing the harmonica (or at least, I assumed it was Danny, since he was the only one that knew how to play the harmonica). 

When I opened the door after the finished, I noticed that they were all playing for Fletch. 

"Hey Fletch." I say. "What are you doing here?" 

"The boys were showing me their new song." Fletch says. "They're thinking it will be the next single." 

"What's it called?" I ask. 

"Love is on the Radio." Tom answers. Love is Easy, Love is on the Radio...seems like there's a lot of love in the air. I nod. 

"When are you gonna release it?" I ask. 

"Sometime later this year." Fletch answers. "Probably before they release the album, but after tour, and then-" 

"Woah, woah, hold on." I say. "Tour?" 

"Oh...did we not mention that?" Danny asks, laughing nervously. But I know, they knew, they didn't mention it. 

"No. You didn't." I raise my eyebrow.  

"Oh...yeah." Dougie says, looking down. 

"We're going on tour." Harry smiles. 

"You guys just went on tour." I say, confused. "Shouldn't you be focusing on the album?" 

"Lilly, trust me on this one." Fletch takes over. "So many of the shows from the Keep Calm and Play Louder Tour were sold out, and the fans were begging for another tour on twitter! It's great promotion for the album." 

"Plus it's so much fun!" Tom beams. 

"Well you guys know best. Plus, I won't say no to tour. Especially one I don't have to plan." I smile. 

"Good to hear it." Fletch smiles. "We couldn't do it without you." 

"Isn't that the truth." Harry scoffs, and Fletch gives him a death glare. 

"So...when does it start?" I ask. 

"Oh, uhaboutfiveweeks." Fletch says quickly. 

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask. 

"Five...weeks." He smiles. I shake my head. 

"What is the deal with you people planning tours so fast?" I ask. 

"We'll only be on the road for about a month." Danny chimes in. 

"No, I mean...it's not like I have anything else to do but...seriously. Usually planning tours takes months. Remember how it used to be?" I can't help but laugh. 

"Ahh yes." Tom smiles. 

"The good old days." Harry adds. 

"It'll be great." Tom continues. "We tour a bit more, put out a greatest hits album to go along with it and then we'll put out the sixth album." I laugh. "What?" 

"Just the fact that's it's been almost three years and we're still calling it 'the sixth album'." I say. The boys raise their eyebrows. "No, no it's alright." I laugh. "Tour...tour it is. So what will you call this one?"

"Memory Lane." Harry smiles.  

******************************************

"This is so stupid." Tom grunts as we made our way into the optometrist's office. 

"Tom, they're glasses. People have to get them all the time." I reassure him. It was like I was a mum trying to take my moody teenage son somewhere. 

"None of the other guys have to get glasses. It's because I'm the oldest. I'm old." He huffs. 

"You're not old! Just because none of them need them doesn't mean anything. It's no big deal. Everybody's different" I say. 

"Oh please. Spare me the 'everyone's unique' speech. I've already been through primary school." He says, making me laugh. 

When the lady finally calls Tom back into the office, she give him the glasses he put an order in on about a week ago. They're dark brown and circular. He puts them on and I smile. 

"Oh Tom!" I exclaim. "You proper look like Harry Potter!" I exclaim. He looks at me wide eyed. 

"I do?" He says, trying to suppress a smile. 

"Totally! All you're missing is the lightning scar...which I know looks cool, but considering all the trouble it brought him I'd say you lucked out." I laugh. 

"Well that's alright." Tom smiles. "You have a lighting scar for me." He points to my eyebrow scar.  "Harry is a real Voldemort." He laughs. 

"Ha-ha. You're so funny." I say sarcastically. 

"I know right?" He asks genuinely. 

"And based on your tests, Mr. Fletcher, you should only have to wear those for long distance for now." The optometrist says. Tom looks up at her, excitedly. 

"So I don't have to wear them onstage?" He smiles. She looks confused. 

"Um...he plays guitar...in a band." I say. She nods. 

"Well if you can see your guitar just fine, then no, you don't have to wear them onstage. Of course, this could change overtime." She says. 

"Sick!" He exclaims, taking the bag from her hands. 

"Oh see? It wasn't that bad." I smile. "Plus, I think they suit you, Tom." 

"Yeah well...let's just see what Gi thinks." He says. 

//