Lying Very Still on The Floor

February 11, 2008

Today was one of the shows that the boys were putting on for the Australian fans. The flat we were staying in was in Alexandria, close to 301 Studios where the boys were working on the album, so all three shows were going to be in Sydney.

"Danny I've taped your setlist to the floor next to your microphone stand, all you have to do is remember the words." I say, walking into the dressing room.

"Pshh. Unlikely." Harry laughs, and Danny flicks him in the forehead.

"Thanks Lilly." He says, giving me a salute.

"And you three have done your vocal warm ups?" I say, pointing at Tom, Danny and Dougie.

"If by vocal warm ups you mean had some beers, then yes. We've done plenty." Tom smiles.

"Guys! There's only-" I look at my watch, "20 minutes till you have to be onstage! You need to warm up!" Tom sighs, and begins to shout different runs. That's his way of warming up. After he finishes one, Danny lets out a massive burp, and the boys all laugh.

"Okay! You two." I say, pointing at only Danny and Dougie this time. "Start warming up. Harry, just...sit and look pretty."

"It's what I do best." Harry smiles. I nod and walk backwards towards the door.

"Alright then. My boys, touch wood, break legs, but not literally, I'm looking at you, Danny...I will be on the wings, your instruments are all ready and you all have three bottles of water on stage, Tom's with ice." I say.

"Thank you mummy." Harry jokes in a high pitched voice. I snap and point my fingers at him.

"Gi will be with me, speaking of, Mr. Fletcher, I keep telling you to get that hair cut."

"Uhh! Don't try and control my image, Lilly." Tom jokes.

"Don't care about your image as long as you can see past your fringe!" I say, walking out of the room. Before hearing,

"Lilly!"

I turn around and Dougie makes his way over and gives me a kiss.

"Thanks." He smiles. 

"Get a room!" Harry yells over the music they're playing. I nod, a bit embarrassed.

"Slap that bass, Doug." I say, making him smile.

**********

"Is this really going to work?" Gi asks me.

"How would I know? It's your boyfriend's idea." I laugh.

"Well if you don't know then no one does." She says.

"Alright!" A sweaty Tom says onstage after just finishing a song. "Now we're gonna need you guys' help with this next part. We need a recording of you guys to be on a track on our next album. I'm going to shout, 'We don't care!', and you're all going to repeat after me. Got it?" The crowd cheers in reply.

"Alright." Danny says.

"Ready?" Tom asks, followed by another cheer. "We don't care!" He yelled, and from the crowd came a triumphant reply:

We don't care!

"We don't care!" Tom repeats.

We don't care!

"We don't care!"

We don't care!

"Now like this." Tom starts. "We! Don't! We don't care! Go!"

We! Don't! We don't care!

"We! Don't! We don't care! Go!"

We! Don't! We don't care!

"Alright!" Tom replies, followed by a thunderous applause.

"That's amazing." I say.

"And a little scary." Gi replies. I laugh.

"What?"

"They've practically got an army surrounding them." She smiles.

"Practically." I reply.

//