Let The Truth Be Known

December 6, 2004

Tour starts in one week and I haven't talked to any of the boys about anything other than work since Dougie's birthday, except for Tom.

Today I'm at the band house, currently in Tom's room as he packs for tour.

"Well what did he say to you?" I ask, as Tom chucks some shirts into his case.

"Nothing." Tom says.

"Do you think he hated it?" I ask.

"No."

"Then why didn't he say anything?" I ask.

"Look, Lilly, Dougie doesn't usually say anything. He's just like that."

"Do you reckon I should talk to him?" I ask.

"God no. He'll have a heart attack." Tom laughs, closing his case.

"Did you get everything?" I ask, pointing to the list I printed up so that the boys would remember everything.

"Yup." He says. I get up from his bed.

"Alright, well I'm going to head out. Make sure you give that list to the other boys. Especially Danny." I say, and Tom laughs.

"Aye aye, captain!" He says. We walk down the stairs and when I get to the front door, I pop in the living room.

"Boys, I'm off. Make sure you pack tomorrow." I say.

"Yes Lilly." Danny and Harry say in unison.

Suddenly, Dougie gets up from the couch and Hands me an envelope.

"This is for you." He mumbles.

"Oh." I say shocked. I never heard his voice before. "Thank you, Dougie." I smile. it's kind of awkward, so I hug him, which I can immediately tell was the wrong thing to do, since he put his arms around me hesitantly, and awkwardly patted my back. " I should be off." I say. He nods and goes back to the couch.

I head outside and begin to walk home, ripping open Dougie's letter. What could it say?

I open it, to find a blue card inside that says "Thank you" in gold letters. I open it.

Dear Lilly,

Thank you for the birthday tarantula. I love odd animals like that. I also was able to clean the frosting off it by putting it in a shallow dish of water. It really freaked Harry out.

Thanks again,

Dougie

P.S. The tarantula is called Lloyd.

//