When I Knew the Truth

QOTC: What's your favorite album cover?

AOTC: Motion in the Ocean

Enjoy!

****************************************************************

December 25, 2004

"Lilly! Lilly! Wake up! It's Christmas!" I hear Tom say, as I am being shook.

"Go away, Tom." I moan, covering my face with my pillow.

"You've gotta get up! It's Christmas!" He says.

"You already said that." I whine. "What time is it?"

"Uhh...six a.m." He says. I look at him.

"Tom, I went to sleep two hours ago." I say.

"Yeah, but we have to open gifts." He smiles. Gifts! I forgot to get them gifts. I sit up.

"Tom I didn't-"

"That's okay Lilly. Come on, we want you to be there!" He smiles, so I relentlessly get out of bed, and follow him through the babe wave to the living room.

"Merry Christmas, Lilly!" Danny says.

"Bah- humbug." I reply, exhausted.

"Jeez." Harry says.

"Aren't you guys tired?" I ask.

"Ex-haus-ted." Tom chirps. I sit on the recliner.

"Alright make this quick." I say.

"Have a little spirit." Harry says, begging to open a gift. To sum things up quickly, Danny got all Bruce Springsteen merchandise (a poster from Dougie, a shirt from Tom and a mug from Harry), Tom got some books and a new coffee machine (apparently, theirs broke, and Tom has a thing for coffee), Harry got drum sticks, a new CD he wanted and sweets and Dougie got some weird stuff for his lizards and a Blink-182 shirt.

"That was great!" Danny says, leaning back with joy. I have to admit, as tired as I am, it was nice to be able to actually see people open gifts on Christmas.

"There's one more." Dougie points out, under the tree.

"Oh yeah." Harry says. Tom gets up, grabs the gift and looks at the boys, as they sit on the floor around me, like they did when we first met. They all stare at me.

"What?" I ask. Tom smiles, and hands me the gift. It's really heavy. I read the name tag.

To: Lilly

From: The boys

I look up at them, and I feel all warm inside.

"But I didn't-"

"Just open it, Lil." Harry says. I look at it again, and slowly begin to peel the wrapping off the heavy, rectangular box, but I stop when I see what it reads on the side. I look at them.

"No." I say quietly, and they all smile. I rip the rest of the wrapping off to reveal a brand new laptop. "I can't possibly-"

"Stop it, Lilly." Tom says. "You do so much for us, and we want to do something for you."

"Plus we know you don't have a computer." Harry says, smiling.

"And we want you to know you're one of us now." Danny says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You don't need your family, Lilly. You've got us...we're your family." Danny says. I move the laptop on the coffee table, move to the floor, and hug Danny, really, really tightly.

"I can't remember the last time I got a Christmas present." I say, as I unwrap myself from Danny's arms. Tom smiles, but he looks sad.

"Then I'm happy your first one to remember was from us." He says.

//

Fun Fact: Harry was the drummer in the Busted music video for Glad I Crashed the Wedding.