Nothing to Lose

November 30, 2004

Why am I on the couch? I look at the clock to see that it's seven in the morning. The boys have rehearsal at nine, which means that I should get up.

I stretched out and got up towards the bathroom to take a shower. However on my way, I tripped over something, and landed flat on my face.

Ouch.

I look behind me.

Oh no.

There's Danny, asleep on my living room floor.

Now I remember. We were looking for the tarantula and we must've fallen asleep. Did we find it?

Not the point. I have to get Danny out of my house. I told him my parents were on the night shift. If he wakes up at seven in the morning and notices that no one's home, how will I explain?

I rush over to him.

"Danny!" I say, shaking him awake. "Danny!"

"Lilly?" He asks, groggy. "Did we find the spider?"

"I don't know, but you have to leave." I say.

"What? What about the spider?" He asks.

"Danny, you have rehearsal in two hours and if you're not there the boys will be pissed." I say. I grab him and help him stand up.

"Why is your head bleeding?" He asks. Oh man. I must've scratched it when I fell.

"Long story." I say, shoving him out the door.

"Wait." He says. Oh god. He knows. "What if I don't have time for breakfast?"

Phew.

I grab a packet of biscuits off my counter and throw them to him.

"There." I say. He looks at the food.

"This isn't healthy!" He says.

"You eat pizza for every meal!" I say, closing the door and locking it.

******************************************************

I have to rush to get ready in time . I go to the fridge before I leave to get Dougie's cake. I take it out of the fridge and put it on the counter so I can transfer it to a container to travel to the studio.

I unwrap it and sitting on top is the god damn tarantula.

"Sod off!" I yell at it, but it just sits there. I cover the cake back up, run to the bathroom and grab the cage. 

//