Not Tired Enough to Sleep

January 18, 2014: McBusted Tour; Glasgow, Scotland

"Alright." Tom says, stepping into the dressing room and interrupting our conversations. "Does this work for you?"

Tom did end up having to dye his hair platinum blonde because the 11 McBusted Tour shows sold out in 4 minutes.

Then, they added nine more dates and those sold out too.

So they added 16 more dates.

And those sold out too.

The entire McBusted Tour was not only more than double it's original planned length, but it was also completely sold out.

But the thing was, I didn't tell Tom he had to dye his hair platinum in the stadium bathroom before the first show. He made that decision himself. And now he had white blonde hair.

"Woah!" James smiles, looking at Tom. It did look quite good. Damn.

"Almost." I smile. I plop Tom's clunky square glasses on his face. "There you go."

Tom's eyesight had gotten a bit worse, meaning he now had to wear his glasses all the time, but he didn't mind much. He used them as an accessory, and now had twenty pairs, all different shapes, sizes and colors.

"You look good T-Bag." Danny smiles.

"Thanks." Tom saunters over confidently, taking a seat on the couch.

"Oh look who's all happy now." I raise my eyebrows at him. Tom laughs and shrugs.

"'No Lilly, please don't make me!'" James imitates Tom, pretending to faint.

"Sod off." Tom laughs.

This tour technically hasn't even started and it's already off to a crazy start.

******************************

On the large video screen of the SSE Hydro Arena, a familiar scene pops up. Tom's wedding speech, particularly the part for the best men, and the fans start to scream.

"Thanks to my best men, you are the best friends, that I know I will ever have." Tom sings (Well, a super imposed Tom on the backdrop of his wedding speech). "You're more like-"

Just then, Tom is interrupted as the screen showing the lyrics to the wedding speech next to Tom appears with an image of Matt and James.

"Boring!" Matt exclaims. Tom looks around, confused.

"BOOOO!" James adds before the screen cuts back to the lyrics.

"And...and sometimes lovers." Tom continues. "But we won't tell them about that." The image of James and Matt appears again, this time they pretend to be sleeping, leaning on each others shoulders and snoring obnoxiously before disappearing again.

"We've been together for what feels like forever-"

"THIS FEELS LIKE FOREVER!" Matt yells, popping back on the screen.

"Uh..." Tom looks flustered. "But we're only getting started-"

"Oh, what?" Matt says, disappointed, earning laughs from the audience.

"And I know McFly will never end." Tom sings, and the audience cheers.

"This is about to end." Matt says. James covers the camera with his hand, and suddenly Tom is tackled by Matt before the intro to Crashed the Wedding plays and all the boys jump onstage, wailing on their guitars in real life. Matt is wearing the most ugly wedding dress I've ever seen.