If Looks Could Kill Than We All Would be Doomed

October 11, 2005

Today was another at on tour, and the boys were playing a show near Dougie and Harry's home, Essex.

I made my way backstage in search for the boys during the lull between sound check and the show.

After about fifteen minutes of navigating my way in the labyrinth of a backstage this venue had, I opened a door to fine Harry, Dougie and Danny leant close to a mirror.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Trying to put colored contacts in." Harry says without looking over to me. I notice him trying to hold Dougie's eye open. "It's no use mate. Your eye is rejecting it."

"Where's Tom?" I ask.

"Don't know." Danny shrugs.

"Why isn't he in here with you?" I ask.

"Because he has brown eyes and he was acting moody again." Harry said.

"What do you mean?" I ask. Danny turns to me.

"These contacts make your eyes look brown, and we all have blue eyes, but Tom has brown eyes so it would be kind of pointless for him to-"

"No, Danny, she means about Tom acting moody." Dougie says.

"Oh."

"You know Tom. He gets in his gothic moods sometimes." Harry says.

"I'm going to go find him." I say. They nod and turn back to the mirror. "You know..." I continue. "I could try to put those in. I do have blue eyes."

"You can give it a go, but it's not easy." Harry says. I walk over and pull the contact out of the container and put it in. Harry was right, it wasn't easy, but it was possible.

"How did you do that?" Danny asks.

"That looks awesome." Dougie adds.

"I don't know. I guess my eye wasn't rejecting it like Dougie's." I say. "However, I don't like it, so I'm taking it out." I say, doing so, and then leaving to find Tom.

*************************************************************************

It doesn't take me long to find Tom. I just had to follow the sound of the piano.

"Tom?" I ask, walking onto the stage.

"Hey Lilly." Tom says, looking up and ceasing his playing. "Just practicing for tonight. What's up?" He doesn't seem like he's in a mood...

"I was just wondering if you were okay?" I ask.

"Yeah...why wouldn't I be?" He asks.

"The boys said you were acting a little...funny." I say.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asks defensively.

"Well...you know you can be a little..." I begin, not knowing how to phrase this. Tom sighs.

"Harry just annoys me sometimes...that's all it is." He says.

"Harry annoys me too, but I don't act the way you do around him." I say.

"I like Harry, I do. He just drives me crazy...he can be so mean sometimes." Tom says.

"He's not mean Tom he's just-"

"What do you mean 'he's not mean?' He is mean! Especially to you, as well." Tom says in a harsh tone.

"Harry's not mean, he teases." I reply.