"You have got to be kidding me!" I exclaimed seeing Aj snuggled up to Everleigh with his hands over his ears because of the noise.

"He is going to have a panic attack, you idiot! Gosh, I can't even let your father take care of a 3-year-old." I groaned annoyed while running a hand through my hair.

"Hey! Don't go blaming me! I'm here to prevent you from making a huge mistake. Why are you where and why are you even talking to the prick that claims to be Aj's father?" Damon turned the conversation around.

"I'm doing it to protect my son and do what is best for him. I do not need you to take care of me. Take Aj back home, I'll deal with this alone like I always have." I turned around not letting him have a word to say getting into my car and driving off to the start line.

I was annoyed, angry, frustrated and highly upset that Aj was here and not safe at home with the Mortimers. I can't have Jeremy catching on that he is here or this will make my life a hell of a lot more complicated.

I looked into my rear view mirror and saw that Damon had joined his parents in the stands and he did not look happy at all. Everleigh was cradling Aj's head to her chest and I knew that he was upset by the noise even though there were cars everywhere, he could not enjoy the show. This was no place for a three-year-old.

"Ready Birdie?" I hear Jeremy yell from his car that was right next to mine getting ready to the gunshot announcing that start of the race.

"Ready to beat your ass for sure. There is no way you are ever getting near my son." I yelled over both our engines reeving.

"Keeping dreaming Birdie, I'm taking my son back whether you like it or not. This race is just for old times sake."

I didn't even hear the bang of the gun as Jer's words still wrung in my head. Once I realised what was going on I stepped on the gas feeling the thrill of driving like this come back to me, all the memories and all the victories.

I knew a lot of people were betting on this race, I mean who wouldn't? You have the two best illegal race drivers of the whole of America that used to be an item race against each other after almost five years.

I shifted the gears and caught up to Jeremy very quickly. We had to drive around three times around the track but it was not your normal rounded course it was in an 8 shape, which meant that we could possibly crash at the intersection.

That was what I was most afraid of, it had been a while since I drove on a track like this and Jeremy knew that I loved to play chicken when it came to it because he did too. He was the one that taught me to drive, I knew all his tricks as he did mine that's why we were always the best.

Jeremy was ahead of me as we came to the corner and I knew he was thinking he had me where he wanted me but I do not lose, I never have. I sped up after the turn and took over him during the second lap but in doing that I knew that at the intersection he would be coming straight at me and sure enough that is what happened.

We were directly driving towards each other, playing chicken waiting to see who would be the first one to give up. I changed gear to give my car a kick, my knuckles turning white on the steering wheel and the gear stick.

"Move Jeremy, move like you know you will." I chanted keeping my gaze straight on him.

I saw him smirk through the mirror, we were seconds away from crashing into each other at over 150m/h when I saw him extend his arm out of the window of his car, the shape of a gun forming in his hand.

The bastard is going to shoot me down.

He shot the whole round, aiming at my tires until one exploded on impact sending my car to swerve off the track. I lost control of the car as much as I tried not to. I still managed to not make the car tip over and roll but I still ended my ride in the barrier walls hitting my head on the side of the door.