"Kissing you better? Are you ill daddy?" she asked concerned placing her little hands on his cheeks to stare into his eyes.

It always amazed me that they were so different yet the same all at once.

"I'm alright Dove." he smiled down at her but she was having none of it.

She climbed off his lap and ran to the table and grabbed this little doctor's kit I had gotten her for her birthday and since then she has never stopped using it.

Emrys climbed back onto Carter's lap with a little struggle and started to pull out a plastic stethoscope placing it around her neck and in her ears to listen to her dad's heartbeat.

"Daddy? Why does your heart beat to fast?" she asked confused looking at him then at me.

"Because that's what happens when you love someone my little Dove. Your heart beats faster when the person you love is near you, you get all these fuzzy feelings in your belly." he tickled her tummy making her laugh her lungs out.

"What else happens?" she asked once Carter had stopped tickling her.

He sighed and reached over to take my hand in his making me blush at his actions.

"All sort of things happen that make you think you are ill but really you are in love," he spoke, his deep chocolate eyes never leaving mine.

"Well, I still need to do a full check up daddy because I don't want you to be sick." Emrys stubbornly added with furrowed eyebrows making both Carter and I chuckle.

"Ok my little future doctor." he smiled and kissed her cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished my story and I could see the look of shock and somewhat of betrayal displayed on Ray and Asher's face. Annie had come along and was in tears at the revelation that Carter had a love child when we were in college.

"My brother had a daughter? I have a niece and he didn't even tell me. He didn't tell anyone?" Annie asked hurt, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"He wanted to protect Emrys. It was a lot more complicated than it seemed. He was scared." I tried to explain.

"Scared? Carter scared? You must be joking! Why didn't he trust us? Why didn't he tell us any of us? Not even me! And I am his sister for crying out loud!" Annie stood up and flared her arms all over the place clearly upset.

"Why you?" she spat hurt. I knew she didn't mean for it to come out harshly.

"Because – because we were lovers because I loved him and he felt ashamed to be the way he was. Ashamed that he had knocked up a girl while at college. He loved Emrys with his all and I loved that man with everything in me. He told me and none of you because he was scared, he wanted to protect all of you and most importantly Emrys. Don't go judging his actions when you don't know the full story."

My anger got the best of me and when seeing Annie's tear stricken face that I knew I had taken it too far. Asher stood silent in the corner of the room, watching everything unfold.

"I'm sorry for keeping it a secret all these years. I wasn't expecting Damon to start dating Carter's long lost daughter. I don't know where she got his jacket from though, that be me off." I looked down at my hands placed on my lap.

Asher was still silent, Annie had left the room to cry some more and was followed by Ray.

It was only Ash and I in the room and the tension was high.

"Look, Ash, I'm sorry. I should have told you all these years ago but I just–" I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"I just promised him to not tell anyone. I couldn't break that promise, Ash." I shook my head, regret washing over me.

"I'm not mad at you Paul. Sure I'm upset you didn't tell me, I'm disappointed even. But I understand. I understand Paul. I understand why Carter did what he did I just can't accept it at the moment." he spoke coming over to sit next to me on the couch.

Aj was sat by the fireplace with his cars, playing peacefully. He looks so much like Carter, and those brown eyes are definitely his. Aj and Carter are of the same ilk.

We sat there in silence for a few moments, just staring at this child, one of the last things that connect us to Carter. The love of my life and Ash's brother, our best friend. All was left were that little boy and that young lady who carried on his spirit.

______________________

Hello My Loves!

I have finished my essays Finally! So yay me!

This chapter is a little shorter than usual but I have been DYING to write this chapter!

I have been keeping this secret basically since I started writing His, hers, ours!!

Carter (senior) is Emrys' father!

More questions answered soon my loves, drama up ahead and all that jazz

Thoughts? predictions?

fav bits?

I love Paul so freaking much, I don't give him enough credit as a character.

until next times my loves

xoxoxox