I walked out of the gym and went down the corridor to get back to the house

I walked out of the gym and went down the corridor to get back to the house. I had a plan brewing and I needed to see my girl and show her that I am here and I'm not leaving nor am I letting anything happen to her or the little lad.

I took a shower and dressed in a nice white shirt rolling the sleeves up to my elbows to reveal my tattoos, gelling my hair back and slipping on some black dress pants and leather Italian shoes.

"Where are you going dressed like that my baby?" my mum's voice caught me off guard as I stepped out of my old room.

"Christ mum stop sneaking up on me like that." I ran a hand through my hair.

"So where are you going dressed all dapper like that?" she crossed her arms over her chest with a smile at the corner of her lips.

"Just out." I shrugged.

"Uh huh." she nodded but that smile never leaving her lips.

"What?" I asked frustrated.

"Oh nothing, just that your father would always dress in a similar way when he would want to take me out on a date," she smirked just like Alex had and walked off.

"What is it with these people today." I shook my head and left my parent's house and drove to Aj's daycare and took him out early to spend some time with him and brought him back to the garage for a while until it was time to pick my girl up.

"Daddy?" Aj asked when we had gotten back into the car.

"Yes, buddy?" I asked looking back into the mirror to see if he was alright.

"Do you love my mummy?" he asked out of the blue rolling his blue car on the side of the window.

I almost crashed into the car in front of me in hearing his question.

"Ummm." I started but didn't quite know what to say.

Did I love her?

I sure as hell liked her a lot and did have strong feelings for her but could I call it love?

"Well, I love my mummy," he concluded and continued in his little world.

I arrived at the hospital and parked the car, Aj's question still ringing in my head. I picked Aj up and placed him on my hip and walked into the hospital going in direction of Rhys's office. On the way there I bumped into a tired and aged Doctor Salvatore, my heart clenching at the sight of her.

"How are you Doc?" I asked her, Aj laying his head on my shoulder.

"I'm fine my sweet." she gave me a tired smile.

"Your Emrys is a true godsend. She is just amazing and never stopping ball of energy and very smart. She is such an amazing doctor." Doctor Salvatore gushed over Emrys.

"She is just amazing isn't she?" I smiled along with her.

We were interrupted by the beeping of her pager. She looked down at it and sighed.