"Say yes to going out with me, next Thursday for lunch." I could hear the nerves in his voice as he asked me.

"Sure, as long as I can get my lunch break off then–"

"It's already done." he cut me off excitedly.

"Ok then. I'll see you on Thursday, but I won't have nice clothes, I'll probably be in my scrubs and look terrible." I found myself laughing.

"It doesn't matter, all I want is to spend time with you. Besides, no matter what you will look beautiful to me," he confessed making me blush.

"You need to stop buttering me up, Mr Mortimer. I'm already finding it hard with you helping and paying so much for me so don't push your luck." I warned with a playful edge to my voice.

"Don't worry Doctor, I'll play my cards right. And I do not want you to think this is too much for you. In fact, it is the opposite, all that I am doing is not enough."

I went silent and fiddled with the rim of my top, my gaze shifting from my hand to Aj.

"Also while I have you on the phone, my stitches may or may not have gone bust. Not all of them but the skin around it is very sore and red."

My doctor brain came on as I listened carefully to what he was telling me.

"I would have thought your stitches would have been removed by now." I voice my confusion.

"Well... I couldn't wait and two days after I came back home I broke them open again so Doc Sal had to do them again, and then I strained myself a little too much earlier and now they are bothering me."

I sighed and said something that I was sure I was going to regret later.

"Come over and I'll see what I can do."

We hung up the phone and I ran a hand in my hair.

I am going mad, this man is making me mad.

I got up from my chair and continued cooking a little before I looked at the time and saw that Damon was arriving soon. I walked to Aj and sat down next to him. He looked at me and handed me a car without a word.

I smiled and brushed a few strands of hair out of his eyes.

"Aj, baba, someone is coming over soon." I started.

"Is Auntie Mia?" he questioned his brown eyes staring into my blue ones.

"No baba. A man is coming over, Mummy is going to help him." I continued to explain to him.

"Is he sick?" he tilted his head.

"Yes and no. He hurt himself so I have to help him, like when you fall over I get you all better." I explained to him.

His little eyes glowing as he scooted over to me.

"Are you going to kiss him all better?"

I was stunned by my three year old's words. The thought of ever kissing Damon made my cheeks heat up furiously.

"I don't know baby, big boys don't need to be kissed better." I tried to bring my blush down.

"But I a big boy and I get kisses." Aj rolled his car on my thigh, his attention diverting back to what he loves, his cars.

I didn't have time to answer him that the buzzer went off. I let Damon in the building and waited for him to come up. The knocking on the door made my heart beat pick up. I ran to the door and opened it a little out of breath.

Damon stepped in and took his jacket off.

"Hey buddy, I'm Damon," he called over to Aj who had walked into the room where we were.