"You also took a three day leave when you were planned to work and you did so with no authorisation from your superior Dr Ortega." Harrison pointed his hand toward Ortega who hung his head in shame.

"No, that's not true. I made sure that I had a replacement, that all my sectors were covered and I warned Dr Ortega of where I would be and of my three days leave. I needed the break! Your son sexually harassed me!"

My anger was flying through the roof but I held my composure and made sure my voice did not raise.

"I don't see any report filed against my son about the allegations you are holding against him."

I was left struck. This is all going to hell. I crossed my arms over my chest and cocked my hip.

"So what are you implying? Why am I here?" I had enough of this playing around.

"You are fired, miss Belle. Effective immediately." He finished leaving me stunned.

"You can't fire me. I am your best doctor, your best last year student. I have worked hard and have been here every day I was needed, I even work over hours and do all the jobs that no one else wants to and for these fall accusations you are firing me? You are only doing this because you want to sweep under the carpet that your son has been harassing, not only me, but every female employee that he can possibly get his hands on and nothing has ever been done about it."

I pointed an accusing finger his way. Then I regained posture and scoffed.

"You know what? I realised that I do not want to work in this sort of environment where I am not only treated as an object of desire but also treated like an incompetent and accused of being negligent and a liar. I have higher standards, respect for myself and for this line of work. And this hospital does not deserve me. I hope you realise that you are in the wrong and I am so glad that I am no longer associating my name with yours." I placed a smile on my face and walked with the dignity I had left to the door.

I turned around one last time to look at their faces.

"I hope you have a splendid rest of the day." Then I slammed the door behind me.

I went to gather my things in the locker room and got changed as fast as I could. I had made it to the reception and spoke to Gladys what had happened as news of my convocation to the boss' office travelled fast.

"He fired you? But he can't do that! That's unfair, you have done nothing wrong." Gladys was trying hard to keep her tears at bay.

I was angry and red was all I could see.

"I'll be fine, they were assholes anyway. The problem is I needed the money to pay off student debts and Aj's daycare, the car, the apartment, food and so on. They are not taking any last years in Northwestern Memorial Hospital, so I don't know where I'm going to go." I sighed and ran a hand over my face, reality started to seep in.

"You are a smart girl Emrys, you'll find a way to make things work."

I smiled back at her and took her hand over the counter and gave it a squeeze. I left soon after with a heavy heart and walked back home because it was too early to get Aj out of daycare and I needed the alone time.

I unlocked the door and threw the keys on the little side table, took my hair out of my bun and slipped my shoes off relieving the ache in my feet from running around all morning. I let out a long sigh and decided to take a nice long shower and just forget all that happened recently.

I got out of the shower and put on some ripped light mom blue jeans with a tank top and a dark grey zip-up hoodie. I made myself a cup of coffee and studied for a bit but I just couldn't concentrate. My eyes kept wandering back to the boxes I had brought back from my mum's that I hadn't sorted out yet.

I put my coffee cup down and sat on the floor to unpack the boxes. I just needed to keep my mind busy so that I would not break down. That was the plan until I landed on the box with my father's things in, the dam broke.

I sobbed, cried and just let my tears fall. I had no job, my childhood home was going up for sale and I discovered a box full of my father's belongings that I never knew about.

As I was calming myself down and trying not to think too much about how messed up my life is the doorbell rang which I found quite odd because nobody comes and visits me, at all.

I stood up and wipes my tears away with the sleeve of my hoodie. I opened the door to find the last persons I ever thought I would see.

"Mr Mortimer?"

_________________

I know, I'm great.

So Emrys was fired? Was it justified? What do you think?

Will she get another job?

What is Damon doing at her place?

Thoughts? Predictions?

Also, we have just reached 6K, like whoa, it's been like 5 days. 

Thank you so much

xoxoxo