I took him back in my arms and filled his sippy cup back up with water since my handbag was left down here.

I gave it to him and he started drinking laying his head in my neck.

"I'll leave tomorrow morning," I said before they would ask me and make things even more awkward.

"That's fine Em." My mum said smiling to Aj who was frowning looking at Steven.

Eventually, Aj woke up and became his normal happy toddler self. Steven left to do God knows what in his shed while Mia, my mum and I caught up.

"How's Aj been doing?" Mia asked playing with him on the floor.

I smiled and took a sip of my drink.

"He's been good, a real angel. I need to start thinking about getting him signed up to kindergarten soon. He'll be four in a few months and next year five and before I know it he will be in school." I sighed half sad that my baby is growing up so fast.

"And you want him to go to a good school." my mother finished for me.

"That's the plan."

My mother nodded her head before touching upon what I came here to forget.

"How's work? Being this doctor in the big city?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and slapped a smile on my face.

"It's great. I'll soon have my diploma and officially become a specialist in heart surgery." I tried to divert her attention to my studies which seemed to have worked.

-------------

My mum had taken Aj out to the park while Mia and I cracked on to get as much packed and ready.

We ended up in the attic sorting through piles and piles of my old baby stuff, my grandparent's things that we never sorted through since they passed away.

I was sat on the floor going through a box of old pictures of us from years ago, laughing at Mia's baby pictures when her voice interrupted me from going down memory lane.

"Hey Em, I think I found a box of mum's old college things and most of it seems to belong to your dad," she spoke unsure.

I shot up from my seat and made my way towards her to see what was in the box.

She handed me over these pictures and sure enough in most of them there was my dad and my mum together or him and his friends all in matching leather jackets.

My eyes were tearing up seeing him happy in these pictures. I grabbed the box and walked back down to my room to get a better look. Mia followed me down bringing another box with what I decided to take home with me.

"Are you alright?" she asked from behind me as I continued looking at the pictures in my hand.

"Yeah fine, it's just I don't have a lot of pictures of him and now I find out that mum had a whole big box full of his things and she never told me." I shook my emotions off and recomposed myself to not break down.

She came to sit next to me and placed her head on my shoulder so I laid my head on top of her's and handed her the pictures so that she could have a look.

"He was pretty good looking. Aj looks a lot like him but with your blond hair." she giggled showing me a picture of my dad, his brown eyes glowing in mischief.

"He does. It's funny how I look nothing like mum or him, yet my son does." I shook my head and continued looking in the box seeing some old school books and his leather jacket that took up most of the space in the box.

I lifted the heavy material out and shook it a little to get some dust off. It was black leather with the design of a blue snake painted on the back of it. I placed the jacket over my knees and traced the intricate ethnic design of the blue snake contrast with the darkness of the leather.

I can't believe that my mother had all these things for all these years and never told me.

Mia took a look in the box too and found another picture that I didn't see.

"Hey look! It's your dad and you as a baby." She smiled at me and handed me the picture.

My dad was shirtless with me as a tiny baby laying on his chest fast asleep. I turned the back and saw in messy handwriting the date it was taken as well as "me and my little dove" alongside it.

"My little dove," I whispered out smiling at the nickname he gave me, long lost memories resurfacing with just those little words.

We heard the front door open and close indicating that my mother was back with Aj. I grabbed everything and shoved it back in the box closing it before they made it to my room.

My room door opened and Aj ran in going straight into my arms.

"Did you have fun with Grandma?" I asked him ignoring the look that Mia was giving me.

I left the next day with all my boxes and what I couldn't fit in the car I got the rest delivered back to my apartment.

I spent the rest of my weekend going back through my things, my father's box sitting in my living room taunting me.

If only he didn't have to leave me.

______________________________

So we learnt a little more about Emrys and her family life.

Any thoughts on who her father could be?

Sorry if this chapter was a little boring, the next one should make up for that!

Thoughts? Predictions?

xoxoxo