Hwang Hyunjin X Reader

Your fingers fly across the keyboard as you constantly glance between your notes and the Google Docs tab that was pulled up on your computer. The smell of coffee invaded your nostrils as you did your work, your mind constantly wavering and trying to decide on if you wanted to get up and grab some coffee or finish your assignment that was due at twelve tonight. Eventually the part of you that wants coffee wins and you allow your document to save. You dig through your bag that sits on the chair beside you, hoping that you brought your wallet along or else you would look like a complete fool with no money.

Groaning silently, you zip your bag shut and lean against the table. You left your wallet at your dorm. You pull your phone out and scroll through the Kakao messages you had from your friends, immediately pulling up the conversation between your closest friend and you.

Help a poor friend out.

You send the message and wait for his reply, a smile tugging at your lips as you see him open the message.

What do you need now..

Just a little caffeine.

You set your phone down and decide to dig your headphones out of the bottom of your bag, if you even remembered to pack them before you left your dorm room earlier. Luckily you do find the white ear buds and you plug them into your laptop, settling on a station on Pandora.

I'll be over.

He sent the message two minutes ago, meaning that he was probably getting ready to come to the coffee shop the two of you normally visited together on study dates. You've been close friends with Hyunjin for a good year now, having met him through a mutual friend of yours in your art class. You never realized until after being introduced that you shared the same Literature class as Hyunjin. He was very useful when it came to notes, seeing as you never really had the time to copy down notes yourself as your attention span was as small as a grain of rice. Being a student in college was something that you didn't necessarily didn't enjoy, but really, what student did enjoy school? The assignment you were working on for your Literature class was assigned over a week ago, your professor deciding that it would be more than enough time to do the research and write the entire thing. For you it was almost impossible.

You were a major procrastinator. More than often you would leave things until last minute, deciding that you enjoyed being in panic mode more than being on time for deadlines. Except this time you procrastinated too much. Because you only had one class this morning, you decided to come to the coffee shop at noon to finish your assignment, rather than stay in your cramped up dorm room.

Fifteen minutes pass by quickly and you were now messing around on YouTube, viewing the latest MV's for your favorite groups. A tap on your shoulder brings you out of your concentration. You look up to see your best friend, Hyunjin. He scoffs as he sees your screen. "Seriously? I thought you were doing your work." He goes to sit across from you, setting his own bag down on the chair beside him.

"I was doing my work," you defend. "I just need caffeine to finish the rest of it."

Hyunjin hums and fishes his wallet out of his pocket. "How much do you need?" He asks.

"Just enough for an Iced Americano," you answer with a cheeky smile.

Hyunjin stands up. "I'll go order it, you do your work. No more MV's." He points his finger at you in a warning manner, although you knew him well enough that he wouldn't do anything to you aside from withhold your coffee from you.

Hyunjin returns a few minutes later with your Iced Americano and his own coffee. He sets your drink down and settles into his seat, shedding his black jacket. "Are you just now getting around to doing your project?" He asks with snort, secretly judging you.