Mark Tuan X Reader

Mark was undeniably beautiful. He made the simplest of things look perfect and effortless. You couldn't deny it when your brother asked if you'd fallen for his best friend, but the one thing you could deny was his offer to take you out on a date. It was most likely Jackson's doing. Your best friend loved to make a fool of you while your brother, Jinyoung, stood by and did nothing to stop him.

Although other girls would have died to be in your position and accept his offer in a heart beat, you knew better. Mark needed to focus on his music. His career came first above all, his family an exception of course. But relationships were just things that his profession wouldn't allow him to have.

"No?" He asks in confusion.

Your cheeks are red with embarrassment. "No." You confirm.

"B-But why?" He rushes to catch up with you as you climb up the steps to the practice room your brother was in. "You like me and I like you, why not?"

You sigh, halting to a stop. "You're a busy person. I hardly have any time to spend with my own brother, he's my family. What makes you think you and I would have the time to make a relationship work?"

"Well what if we just attempt at it? We can try it out and see if it's right for us," Mark is staring up at you, his eyes searching your face.

You nibble on your bottom lip. "It's tempting, but no." You turn and jog up the steps.

Mark follows closely behind you, his hand capturing your wrist. His fingers are soft and delicate. "Just give me a chance. You're the first person I grew a liking to upon my arrival in Korea, and we've been friends for years, and quite frankly I'm growing tired of being just friends." His voice is stern and final. There was no way he would let you out of this.

You sigh. "Dinner. That's all."

Mark's smile is enough to brighten your mood. He lets go of your wrist, finally allowing you to run off. You enter the practice room and find your best friend almost immediately and march up to him, wanting nothing but to wring his neck with your hands.

"You told him I liked him?!" Your voice is loud and startles the six members in the room.

"Y/N, I want to let you know that I was only thinking about your happiness-" Jackson's voice is full of nervousness as he backs away, his hands raised in front of him in order to protect himself from any attacks. "And Jinyoung sort of forced me to tell Mark."

Your eyes narrow, your attention drifting from the cowering man to your older brother who was trying to perfect the art of blending into a wall. Jinyoung smiles sheepishly. "I didn't force anyone."

"He manipulated me!" Jackson shouts in defense.

Jinyoung narrows his eyes at his band mate. "JB said it would be a good idea to tell Mark about your feelings!"

The leader who planned to stay out of it all was seen trying to make his escape near the door. His eyes widened as he stuttered, the sleeves of his sweater had fallen over his hands as he struggled to divert your attention elsewhere. "Youngjae told me that you wanted to go out on a date with Mark but didn't want to make the first move!" His voice is wavering with every word as he points the blame at his best friend.

Youngjae sputters, quick to point his finger. "Yugyeom insisted!"

The youngest member in the room merely smiles and nods at his best friend. "It was all BamBam's idea."

The second youngest male was seen trying to hide himself behind Jinyoung, but the older boy was quick enough to shove him in front. Your eyes narrowed at the nervous boy.