Park Jaehyung X Reader

"This makes no sense," you groan.

Jae laughs as he points at your fingers. "That's because your fingers are in the wrong position!" He fixes the position of your hand, helping you as he relays the letters of each chord to you.

You stare at your boyfriend in utter confusion, ignoring his attempt to get your attention back to the guitar in your hands. The boys of DAY6 had made a bet on who can teach you a part of 'I Wait' the fastest on their instrument, so far Wonpil and Dowoon were the ones succeeding while your boyfriend, Jae, was failing at the task at hand. It wasn't that he was a bad teacher, it was just hard for you to memorize the chords.

"Y/N," he groans in exasperation as he realizes that you hadn't been focusing the slightest bit. "You're going to make me fail." He whines.

"Sounds like a personal problem to me," you say while setting the guitar down beside you.

Jae sighs and leans back on his hands. "How am I supposed to teach you?"

"Beats me. I've never even thought about learning instruments." It was true. You were one of the solo artists underneath JYP Entertainment, having become a trainee for JYP around the same time as Jae. The only instrument you knew how to play was a piano. You became close friends with Jae and the members of DAY6, finding them to be one of the bestest friends you'd ever had. Maybe it was because of their ability to lift your spirits whenever you were down, especially Jae.

"But you know how to play the piano!" Jae shouts.

You roll your eyes. "Because I learned how to play at a young age, how was I supposed to know that at the age of five my future boyfriend would make a bet with his band members on who could teach me a part of one of their songs the fastest?"

"Wonpil practically won this bet anyway," Jae sighs as he sinks further into the couch.

You snort and stand up, brushing your hands on your jeans as you walk to the couch where he was sat. You drop down onto the cushion and pull your legs up onto the couch. You lean against Jae's shoulder and sigh. "Shall I make it difficult for him to teach me?"

"Please?" Jae asks, his eyes lighting up.

You laugh and pull away from him. "Hey, that's practically cheating Jae!"

Jae laughs and reaches a hand out, taking your hand in his. He runs his thumb on the back of your hand. "Your skin is soft." He notes.

"Thanks?" You laugh.

"Can you please try your hardest to learn how to play," Jae begs, changing the topic.

You chuckle and nod. Jae leaps up from the couch and grabs his guitar, deciding to settle behind you so he can help you. His arms wrap around your smaller frame as you sink back into his chest. Jae snorts at your actions and presses a kiss to your cheek.

"Alright, let's get started."

~

An hour later Jae is grinning from ear to ear as you play a few of the chords for him. You feel a sense of accomplishment, granted you only learned the chords for the first verse but it was something to begin with.

"That's great Y/N!" Jae squeals from excitement.

You grin and place the guitar down beside your feet on the ground, smiling at him. "Now that we've learned the first verse, can we go get something to eat?"

Jae laughs and nods. "Yeah, let's go."

The both of you quickly slide your shoes and jackets on. You were bouncing with excitement as you lead the way to one of your favorite restraunts which just so happened to be just down the road of your apartment. Jae follows behind you, his lanky figure practically towering over you. You grasped his hand the whole way, tugging him along your side.