Min Yoongi X Reader

"I'm leaving." The two words sliced through the thick air, piercing Min Yoongi in the heart. He watches as you stand beside the front door with your suitcases.

His eyes are cold. He doesn't know what he should say. Your relationship with Yoongi began when you first met him through your best friend, Hoseok. Yoongi and you were friends with benefits, eventually catching feelings for one another. That was three years ago. His group became more popular, he spent more time in the studio than with you, not that you minded much in the beginning but you grew to dislike it when he became snappy. Insisting that he needed to focus on producing and writing when what he really needed was rest. He worked nonstop, you did your best to be there for him and support him. Yet it made no difference.

It was no doubt that your relationship with Yoongi began to go downhill when he spent more time away than with you. In the beginning it was perfect, you were happy and so was he. But the things began to change. He came back later, the smell of alcohol on his breath, sometimes he wouldn't even come back at all. That was just in the last year. You put up with it, thinking that maybe.. just maybe it was a phase and he would be over it soon. He would realize his mistakes. But nothing changed, if anything it became worse. That's when you drew the line.

"And where will you go?" He asks finally, his voice is calm in the eerie silence.

Your hand clutches around the handle of your suitcase. "Back home." You respond.

Your family lived in Daegu, you would stay with your sister until you found your own place. Yoongi scoffed and looked away from you. He didn't care. There was an ache in your chest, telling you that maybe he did care... maybe somewhere inside him he still cared. But there was a voice in the back of your head, telling you to get out now or else you'd never make it out alive. You swallowed the lump forming in your throat and opened the front door, leaving your key on the table as you shut the door tightly behind you.

Yoongi sat motionless on the couch. He couldn't move. He knew how unfair he'd been treating you lately, and it was only a matter of time until you called it quits and ended things with him. He knew the consequences but he did nothing to fix them. As much as he wanted to, there was nothing he could do. The damage had already been done. You were hurt and wounded by him, you needed time to heal. You needed to find someone better. That's what he thought.

Your sister waits in front of the apartment building, the rain pouring. You place your bags in the trunk and climb into the front seat quietly. She pulls away from the curb wordlessly.

With every mile that passed, your heart grew heavier and heavier for the man you loved. You knew that if you stayed it would have only gotten worse, but what were you supposed to do? You loved him. You loved him too much. But you also loved yourself. You knew your worth, and you knew that if you continued on with him that it would bring nothing more but pain. He was toxic. But you loved him. The love would remain until the day you died, but so would the pain. The constant reminder that you weren't good enough for him. Little did you know, his thoughts were the exact same. He believed that you were too good for him, that he wasn't enough.

All the two of you did was hurt each other. But you loved him. And he loved you.