Kim Kibum X Reader

Stream 'One of Those Nights' broskis.

You felt breathless as you watched Kibum kneel to the ground in front of you, a velvet box held delicately in his hand. Your hands were shaking in both nervousness and excitement while he opened it and held it out to you, a soft smile pulling at his lips, that same smile that you'd fallen for all those years ago. Kibum asks the question that you had been nervous about in the past.

The topic of marriage never once crossed either of your minds, as the both of you were still in your twenties and living your lives to the fullest. But your relationship with Kibum was unlike any other. The two of you have been dating for five years, having fallen for one another after a blind date that a mutual friend set the both of you up on. It had taken almost nine months of dating until Kibum had officially asked you to be his girlfriend, and things lead from there on.

Kibum's life as an idol left his schedule with little to no room for himself. He had been so use to working nonstop that he had to usually take a step back and take into consideration your own feelings. Kibum was often challenged, having to choose between his job and you. You didn't mind in the slightest bit if he picked his job over you, as it was something that he genuinely enjoyed.

After a year of being together, you had realized just how deeply in love you were with Kibum. You like someone for their similarities, but you love someone despite their differences. In no way were Kibum and you in the slightest bit similar, both of you constantly colliding and arguing over the pettiest of things, but you loved him nonetheless. Falling in love could be put into comparison to a pair of glasses. You appreciated the art in the beginning, never really having to study the finest detail of a piece of work. But when you got your first pair of glasses, and tried them on, it was almost like an entirely new world. Things seemed to be more clear, you could even enjoy them to their full extent. That's how it was like being with Kibum.

Being with Kibum opened your eyes in ways that no one really could. He challenged you in ways no one could. He loved you despite your imperfections, as you did him. Love is a temporary thing though. The madness of it all, the firey passion is what drives people into falling in love. No one really speaks of the after effect. Love will not always be breathlessness or the promises of eternal passion. Being in love is what you feel even after this honeymoon phase, accepting the other for their differences. And what you felt for Kibum was something more, something that could never really be put into words.

He was your best friend, your lover, and your protector all in one. You loved him despite his differences, you loved him for his differences. Kibum was never one to shy away from the topic of marriage around you. He spoke of it so openly, admitting that he did in fact see a future with you, a future in which the both of you would be joined together in for life.

Love makes you vulnerable to others. You spend your entire life building up these walls around your heart to block others out, to prevent anyone from coming in and damaging you in ways that could never truly heal over. Everything works out into someone waltz into your life and manages to break down those walls you spent so long building. It is that person whom you give a piece of yourself to, trusting them to hold you in their hands without dropping you. The fear of being broken will always remain at the back of your mind, whether you would like to admit it or not. Love.. it holds you hostage. It burns every fibre of your being, the passion eating you from the inside out. And you allow it to. Because you were in love. When you're in love it is almost as if you cannot breathe, it leaves you breathless and it makes you lightheaded. You're constantly on cloud nine thanks to this one person who had decided to walk into your life at this specific time. But you don't mind in the slightest bit. Because you give them your all.

So as you stand in front of Kibum, tears welling up in your eyes as he stares at you with those same dark eyes that you'd fallen for all those years ago, you cannot prevent yourself from saying yes. You say it without a second thought.

He slips the ring onto your finger and stands up, pressing his lips to yours briefly. A few people who had been walking by clap at the moment, smiles on their faces. Kibum leads you to a nearby bench with a smile on his face.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, through both the good and the bad."

That was what you would have signed up for from the first moment you'd fallen in love. You sign up for both the good and the bad, leaving you with no choice but to fight through it all to keep the firey passion from the beginning. You spend the next hour talking to Kibum, dicussing on how exactly you tell the other members within his group about the news.

Your fingers are intertwined as the two of you walk down the sidewalk. Kibum tells you how greatful he is for you, often pressing kisses to the side of your head as he expresses his happiness towards you acceptance on his proposal. You return to your shared apartment that night, deciding that the best way to tell his closest friends was if you were to invite them all to dinner. The group of you spend the evening celebrating over a meal and games, laughter never once ceasing throughout the night.

You were happy. You were in love. And there was no way the fire would be going out any time soon.