Lucas X Reader

Requested by: @_arxri_

The night was cold, the colored leaves were blown around lightly against the pavement. You almost couldn't believe the sight before you. Lucas, your boyfriend of several months, stood in a simple suit and tie with flowers in his hands. There were fake candles lit up in a heart around him, which surprised you most of all. Who thought of him to be the type that was so cheesy?

You wipe the shocked look off your face and approach the boy carefully, a huge grin slowly forming on your lips. "You did all of this?"

"Of course I did," Lucas smiled brightly.

You take the flowers from Lucas' outstretched hand and allow him to take your free hand in his. He tugs you towards him after lacing your fingers together, wrapping one arm around your waist as he holds you against his chest.

It's been months since you'd last been on a date with Lucas, with his jam-packed schedule and endless appointments. It was almost impossible to spend a little alone time with your boyfriend of a year. Not to mention the fact that you'd announced your relationship to the public and you got little to not privacy. It was hard to say the least. But here you were now, at twelve in the morning in a nearly desserted park with Lucas dressed in a suit and tie.

"I missed you." Lucas's deep voice rumbled as he pressed you closer to him, almost afraid that you would drift away from him if he ever let you go.

You press your fingers into his back, allowing your head to rest against his chest as you listened to his heart beat. It was a steady beat, keeping you grounded to his earth. You allow yourself to sink into his arms and feel at ease.

"I missed you, too."

The warmth you felt when you were with Lucas was almost too inexplainable. There were just things you could never put into words, and these kind of moments were one of them. You loved Lucas without a doubt, and anyone blind could see just how much he loved you. This kind of love was almost always too rare to find nowadays what with everyone always seemingly preoccupied with social media and drama. You would think that the distance and his career would be a wall within your relationship, but truth be told, it only made it much stronger. Your relationship with Lucas was strong. Sure there were always moments in which that you almost thought things were over, and those moments terrified you to death because you just couldn't seem to bear the thought of losing him, but you always managed to over come them and grow stronger together as a couple.

To be in a relationship it required trust and love. Trust in your partner. Love for your partner in which abeled you to respect them for their own beliefs and practices. You loved Lucas, you loved both his faults and perfections. Relationships weren't always going to be rainbows and unicorns, they would also be hurricanes and storms. But after the hurricanes and storms was the damage that you would fix together, that you would rebuild into something better and stronger to withstand the next oncoming storm.

But just for this moment right now, you wanted to allow this warmth to seep into every pore of your being and warm you to the core. You wanted to allow it to take over every fibre of your being. Because that was how much you loved Lucas. Falling for him was scary. It was a slow steady process in the very beginning, but then it happened all at once, and you were head over heels for the boy as he was for you. He caught you and held onto you. He would never let you go. And you never wanted to be let go.

Sorry I haven't been able to post as of lately, I've been very busy with school and practice. I'll try my best to work on the other requested imagines as best as I can!