Not the Best Ending [Papyrus x Reader]

He👏Needs👏More👏Love👏And👏Appreciation👏

You smiled, looking through your phone that Toriel gave you. You had finished a nuetral ending because you forgot to go back when facing Asgore. The underground was the place place you could ever be. Why were you so determined to leave?

Just like Sans said, you had good friends, good food, bad laughs. Why did you need to go? Just so you can get home! Just so you could finish the porogotive of an indie role playing game? Well, it was a huge mistake. And you can't just go back after killing Asgore.

So you sat on your couch in your home, your parents as neglecting as always, scrolling through your text messages and photographs. You took so many selfies with all your friends underground. You missed them a lot.

Oh! It's you and Napstablook. After meeting him and talking to him in the Ruins you pulled him in a side hug and took a selfie with your phone. Then toriel saw you walking around and got in on the next selfie. You swore that it was one of the only times you saw that depressing ghost smile.

Then after you met Sans and Papyrus you took a selfie with Sans next to thst lamp shaped just like you. Man, that was great. He even held up his hand, which had the Whoopie cushion tied to it from when he pranked you.

You scrolled next. You gasped and smiled to yourself. You and Papyrus ok your date. You both literally stayed in his room for two hours playing around with filters, poses, and sweaters he kept around. You both just sillily took a bunch of random selfies and photos of eachother before you both went on the actual date.

Man, that was the best time of your life. Going on that date with Papyrus. His cooking can be improved but still he was the best person you've ever met. Even if he didn't end up loving you, you became besties. He wasn't your best friend!

You started getting homesick for Papyrus. Man, how is he? Since everything happened and all. You go to your contacts and discover you still his have and Toriel's numbers in your phone. You click on the little profile pic you have for Papyrus (you know the one)

 You click on the little profile pic you have for Papyrus (you know the one)

You scrolled through your text messages, just feeling bonely for Papyrus. Heh, Sans had been rubbing off on you. You looked through the messages with a smile. You two would just sometimes be random. It was great.

You: Hey, Pap, complete the heart!

[One Image attached]

Pap: Human! I do not know what you mean!

You: Make the other side of the heart with your arms. Be parallel to me. I'll edit the image together.

Pap: But won't that be condiered romantic?

you: it's a platonic heart.

Pap: Oh, okay then human!

[One image attatched]

You: Okay! Give me a few minutes!

You: It's done!

[One image attatched]

Pap: this is great! I'm printing it out and hanging it on the fridge!

You: Pap! That's a little much!

Pap: It's also my background on UnderNet Plus!

You: Paaaaaaaaaap!

Pap: Huuuuuuuuuman! 

Pap: I can play that game too.

You: Lol.

You snickered at the whole conversation. Wow, that was dorky and lame. Wait, does he still have that photo on his fridge? It took some serious editing and maybe photoshopping you to be on a stool for it to work but you were proud to have that photo as your home screensaver.

You scrolled above that conversation to see you two just sending images to eachtoher. There was one of Papyrus just complaining about Sans being lazy and the sock and everything, and then there was a flow of you introducing him to dank memes and vines. Papyrus's favorite was the disneh pranks with friends. You can't blame him. Those are good.

Now you had a craving. A craving to hear his voice again. This ending was okay, but you don't get Papyrus anymore. You exit messages and go to the call section of your cell. You go to contacts under that and press Papyrus, his number instantly appearing on the screen. You dial it with no hesitation.

One ring.

Two ring.

Red ring.

Blue ring.

He picks up, to your surprise. You're used to monsters you call first not answering. COUGH goat mom COUGH! Speaking of that, Toriel's contact was Goat Mom And Napstablook's was Spoopy Blooky. You were thinking of Changing Pap's to Cool Dude or Bone Daddy. ENOUGH ABOUT THST PAPYRUS WAS ON THE PHONE

"Nyeh? Who is this?"

"Papyrus! It's me! How could you forget!?"

"NYEH!? HUMAN!? I, Er, am not supposed to talk to you. But how are you!? It's  been too long! Nyeh heh heh!"

"Oh man did I miss that laugh. I'm good. Boring, like always. What I want to know is how are you!? What's it like in the underground?"

"Well, Undyne is our leader now and there's a high anti-human policy to help collect the souls we need. But once we do we can meet you up there! Oh, and I'm captain of the royal guard!"

"Really?! That's awesome!"

"NYEH HEH HEH! Though we don't do much. I... I'm the only memeber and I just water flowers. It's really lonely. I'm not as popular as I wanted."

"Papyrus..."

"I miss you. Sans is lazier than ever, barely even leaving his room. Lady Asgore is locked in the ruins. Asgore is dead. Undyne is really strict and mean. Alphys committed suicide. I'm lonely."

"Papy..."

"I wish you were still here with us..."

"Papyrus, I can change that."

"Nyeh? How?"

"Sans May have not told you, but I can reset. Reset the whole world to when I first fell underground. The only monsters who can even barely remember are Flowey and Sans, And that's it. If you want me to, I can reset and try for a better ending."

"... you can do that?"

"Of course! What are friends for?"

"But... I'll forget you?"

"I can remake the memories and the photos."

"... please."

"Do it?"

"Please. It's very sad down here without Asgore, or the six human souls... or you..."

"I'll be back Papy, just you wait."

You hang up and summon the reset button. Your parents won't even care anyways. You see Chara staring back at you with her normal, creepy smile. Ha! This botch thinks you're doing a genocide run? Never in a million years!

You click the reset button, the world fading to black before you fall back down onto the patch of flowers, to try it all again.

For Papyrus.

That was the longest I've written a oneshot for the longest time! I'm so happy! WOOO

~Eva