Oddball Days [Sansby]

I don't know if this counts as a request since I literally dared Dawn0fTheEra to give me a request in her ask/dare book (this is my way of telling you to check out her books) So I guess it's STORYTIME!

Sans walked up to the bar like normal. Today had been rough. A reset just after sparring the kid in a genocide route three times in a row. This player mustn't be really frustrated that's he can't kill every single fucking monster and be sparred after it.

Heh, serves you right you dirty brother killer.

But with this major headache which is the equivalent to a hangover, he needed something to calm him down. Someone to calm him down. A monster than can never be fought and never die no matter what route you take in this messed world that's just an indie video game.

Grillby.

Sans walked in the bar with his normal skeleton grin forced upon his frontal skull. He looked around and didn't see Grillby at the bar. In fact, there were no customers. Wasn't this a reset? Where was everybody? That is... if his internal clock wasn't messed up again like last time. Please don't be midnight.

Grillby heard the door open. That was odd. He closed up an hour ago. He thought briefly. Probably Sans again. He smiled to himself under the flames. His favorite customer always having a few oddball days. Today must be an oddball day.

Grillby walked around to the counter, polishing a cup like normal. Sans didn't look to good. He looked off balance and as if he was in a lot of pain. Grillby can see these things, having known Sans so long.

"Sans? You don't look so hot."

Sans chuckled and stumbled to get to the stool. He sat down and kept snickering like he was drunk. Grillby never makes a pun, ecscoecially at a time when he's concerned. It was probably unintentional. But to Sans, it was the funniest thing in the universe. Grillby's realized his mistake.

"Sans, that wasn't a pun. What's wrong? I'm worried about you."

Sans looked up at Grillby, noticing his hand was placed on top of his skull. Sans looked into his glasses, trying to scout for his eyes hidden within the flames that made up his face, head, and body. Sans took Grillby:# hand into his own and pressed a ligh kiss to it, causing the flame to blush. Now sans has seen it all.

"I'm just... really glad you're still here..."

Sans let out a chcukle to hide his depressive thoughts. He always felt like this after a genocide run resets. Grillby turned into blue fire out of embarrassment and flustardness. Did sans love him!? Grillby got over himself quickly, turning back to his orange flames after calming himself. It takes a lot to work him up.

"I love you too, Sansy."

Grillby leaned ove rthe bar and pressed a kiss to his forehead, abusing them thr skeleton to blush blue. He squeezed grilbky's hand, forcing his phalanges in between each of his fingers. They both just sat together, enjoying the peaceful silence.

Today was an oddball day.

I hope this was good enough! Jeez, only five hundred words? I need to step up my game, yo!

~Eva