True Love [UnderFell!Papyrus x Reader]

A request for a songfic!? So there really IS a first for everything! Request by SIColorsOfTheRainbow so if you're ready, here we go.

Sometimes I hate every single stupid word you say
Sometimes I wanna slap you in your whole face (Whoa-oh, oh)

You puff out your cheeks, pouting. You sat on the couch and waited for the skeleton member of the royal guard to come out of hiding. Sometimes he was very avoidant and tsundere it was unbearable! Arguement were frequent and over the littlest things. Often you were wrong, and often he was wrong. But afterwards one of you would get over it, realize you're wrong, apologize, and your relationship would grow stronger. What was the argument about now?

Doomfanger

There's no one quite like you, you push all my buttons down
I know life would suck without you (Whoa-oh, oh)

Doomfanger was a stray cat he found walking around snowdin, fell in love with it, and convinced himself it was a feared beast. Sans got really jealous of it, being a literal lapdog and all. You were teasing him that he just loved cute, fluffy things but he got all flustered and started yelling at you about it.

Soon, it all became an argument about wether Doomfanger was a cruel, anialating beast thst should be feared or just a cute pet. Papyrus stormed out of the room angrily to think over himself. Just to blow off steam. Thinking st your argument it was kinda adorable. Let's see, he loved Sans (as much as he hated to admit it)m and he loved Doomfanger.

Maybe he just has a soft spot for pets?

Meanwhile....

At the same time, I wanna hug you
I wanna wrap my hands around your neck

Papyrus was taking a stress walk around his normal semteynpost looking for humans. He was NOT some run of the mill pet owner! Doomfanger was a cat to be feared! That face was more menacing than utterly adorable!

Papyrus growled to himself, thinking to what you were teasin him about. It wasn't so much about Doomfanger not being fierce, it was more of him having a soft spot for animals. A soft spot!? A. Soft. Spot.

THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE PAPYRUS DOES NOT HAVE A SOFT SPOT!!!

You're an asshole, but I love you
And you make me so mad I ask myself

The More Papyrus pondered on himself, the more he realized you were right. He spoiled that cat as if it was his own child. He loved that cat more than anything. And the great papyrus rarely LOVES anything! Wait, wrong emphasis that's makes it sound like levels of violence's. The terrible papyrus doesn't love ANYTHING!!! There we go.

Well, then again. He loves three things. Doomfanger, his cat. Sans, his brother who acts more like a dog or a pet more than anything. And... you. He loves you. GAA WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE RIGHT!?

Yet another meanwhile.

Why I'm still here, oh, where could I go?
You're the only love I' ve ever known

You played with Doomfanger in the floor, dragging a small string across the floor as the cat batted his paws at it, trying to kill it. There was no way an adorable little house cat like Doomfanger could be fierce. He suited a name like Toby more than Doomfanger. 

That's when the door slammed open. Both you and Doomfanger turned your heads casually to see Papyrus tanning in the door with a giant red skull. So he admits defeat to his girlfirend yet again? Another tally on your side of the board.

But I hate you, I really hate you
So much, I think it must be

"YOU WIN."

You cheered and Doomfanger let out a happy meow. Papyrus coudlnt help burn chcukle at the two of you being adorable. All he needed was sans doing a cute little thing and his soul would be too far gone to go back to it's normal badass self.

True love, true love, it must be true love
Nothing else can break my heart like

Papyrus sat down on the couch. Doomfanger instantly thought the string was pointless and went to his ultimate master and sat on his lap. Papyrus gasped and stared with stars practically in his eyesockets. Come on Pap! That's Blueberry's thing.

He looked up at you with a wide grin so joyful that it didn't even make him seem like the UnderFell version of papyrus you knew. It was moments like this where life was worth living. You sat down next to him on the couch.

True love, true love, it must be true love
No one else can break my heart like you

You stroke the cat on his lap, making Doomfanger start to purr. Papyrus can't stop grinning. He is definitely a cat person. He starts petting Doomfanger too, making sure his hand follows yours as if it was an assembly line.

Papyrus couldnt take his eyes off the adorable cat in his lap. Okay, he will admit it. He had a soft spot for pets. That's why he loved Doomfanger so much. That's why he loves Sans so much. But...

Just once, try to wrap your little brain around my feelings
Just once, please try not to be so mean (Whoa-oh, oh)

He didn't love you because you were a pet. Oh no no no. That kind of love wasn't a romantic love, like he feels for you. It was confusing within his soul. And whenever he is co used he refuses to show it like the stubborn tsundere he is.

Repeat, after me now R-O-M-A-N-C-E-E-E
Come on, I'll say it slowly (Romance), you can do it babe!

No, he loves you because he respects you. Love, romantic love, is based on respect. And being the only monster with the guts to stand up to him and tease him stimulates him. It makes him want to retaliate and reciprocate every emotion you fling at him. You make him want to love you.

That's why he loves you. Truly.

If you said "aww" at least once drop a vote and raise your hand! I worked hard on this one. It almost reached a thousand words! FINALLY!!!

~Eva