All for Naught [JaN_ Palette x Reader]

I'm inspired by this song. Ready? It's showtime!

It was prom night of your senior year. Prom night! Woo! You were hanging out with Your best girls when suddenly a really short Skellie with quite the style and smile walks in. You meet his eyesockets and your heart explodes in your chest. Not really. But he was the most adorable thing and you wanted him to be yours.

You grab your bestie, who happened to be part of the cheerleading squad, and pulled her right over to you even though she was talking to a real cute guy. She growls at you angrily when she realizes what happened.

"What the hell!?"

You shush her, placing your finger in her lips. She slaps your hand away and her lipstick ends up smearing. Ha! This is why you think it's always better to go without makeup! You never know what kind of shit you could get into.

"Yo, who's the short cutie?"

You spin her around and point to the skeleton you thought was fucking adorable. She snickers and you have no idea why. She pushed you off of her, since you here hanging onto her shoulder in major anticipation.

"He's captain of the Cheer Sqaud. Way out of league for some nobody like you."

You scoff and shiver her back. You see your other girls already checking out and dancing with hot dudes. You could be too but SCREW THAT you wanted that adorable little munchkin over there. Wait, Captain of the cheer squad? Your bestie's in cheer. Maybe...

"Oh no. I ain't setting you up with my ex."

Wait. She used to date that little skeleton dude?! Wow, you thought she was only into guys taller than her. And this bitch as tall and busty. The whole package. You crossed your arms and gave her a look.

"I dated him in seventh grade, dipshit."

You raised an eyebrow and she scoffed, flipping her hair. You gave her another look. You love how you can hold up your end of the conversation without even talking. Just like right now when you were trying to get her to get him over here.

"Fuck you. Fine."

She stormed off over to get him. You uncrossed your arms and attempted to make yourself semester beautiful and oblivious to what was going on. The worse thing innocent girl trick. It worked every time.

Soon enough you felt a hand on your shoulder. You turned around and batted your eyes, letting your hair fall perfectly in place before looking back into those adorable little pupils of his. You smile.

"(Bestie's name) said you wanted to talk to me?"

Oh great. She ruined it. You gave her a look and she shrugged and trolled off. You stuck her a giant old middle finger and she laughs before going over to try and pick up Fresh again, the most popular guy in school.

"Yeah, I wondered if you wanted to dance."

He smirked at you, crossing his arms. Wow, all cheerleaders must act similar, huh? That also means the way of the cheerleader rubbed off on you because all three of you apparently act the same.

"You we're trying to impress me, weren't you?"

You given up, just entirely sulking over. You give up trying to impress this little cutie. You nod and you feel him take your hand just as the slow dance starts playing. Wow! What incredible timing person at the DJ thingie! It's like as if this was a cliché story and it was time for the portsgonist and their love interest to share a romantic moment! Oh wait...

"Well, good try sweetheart. You'll have to try harder than that. Dance?"

He entwined his phalanges with your fingers. You stated into his eyesockets, beginging the challenge to try and impress this guy. This wasn't a matter of interest any more. An unspoken challenge put your pride on the line!

"You're on!"

Principal Nightmare was watching over everyone attending prom. Then he spotted his nephew getting on the dance floor to slow dance with a girl he hadn't seen before. They both were smiling and staring at eachother whole dancing. They seemed to be having fun. Palette was starting to fit in around here. Cheerleading has really helped him, considering everything that happened in his life.

"He's growing up, Nighty."

Nightmare turned to look at his brother's Boyfriend, Cross. He was the councilor at the school so he could converse with him often. Nightmare sighed, keeping his eye out for Palette. He nodded, learning to let go.

"I know."

How was this? Terrible I know.

~Eva