Chapter 81 Wedding Part 2

Depuis le début

"Nitin, come please join us." Amrita invited Nitin along for lunch. But when he looked hesitant, she forced him to walk along with her to the lunch table, and made him sit down.

Most of the major dishes came pre-cooked from the caterers but sweets and special wedding related dishes were cooked by all the ladies together.

They cleared away the furniture to the corners and bedrooms, so that the large living room area was emptied and tables and chairs were laid out for lunch to be served.

Ajay and his friends and even Amrita forced everyone else to sit first and served them lunch on their plates, making sure they got second and third servings of each dish. Even Sonali and Anita were not spared, and they were both groaning that their stomachs were going to burst with all that excess food.

Once they finished their meal, all the four friends sat down and had a leisurely lunch, enjoying every dish. Sonali and Anita served them double the amount they got served, until it became a protesting match.

After lunch Ajay and Amrita just dragged themselves out of their food coma to clear away all the tables, and prepare the hall again with furniture. This time Nitin also helped them. Panditji arrived and Dr Sharma and Brijesh discussed all the details with him and prepared a list of everything required. Anjali and Saroj got busy, checking the materials that were neatly organised for all the rituals next day, as per the list given by PanditJi.

Shyam and Mukesh left along with Sonali and Anita for Shopping. Pooja and Priti wanted to go too but their mother Nisha stopped them. Instead she asked them to prepare haldi and chandan (turmeric and sandalwood) paste for the Haldi ceremony.

By 5PM, everyone was back and Amrita couldn't help but marvel at the bridal dress Sonali selected for her. It was simply majestic. The gold and beige lehenga with red border had a matching blouse along with two dark red drapes; one for the lehenga, and the other to be used as head drape. Ajay was forbidden to see the dress of course, but Amrita thanked Sonali by giving her a tight and long hug. Ajay's Cream Sherwani with embroidered brocade was equally classy and Indrajit and Saroj had to control their tears just imagining him dressed as Dulha(groom) the next day.

Preview of their wedding attire:
Million thanks to my friend MB_247 for making this edit for me.

Preview of their wedding attire:Million thanks to my friend MB_247 for making this edit for me

Saroj gave a special kiss on the forehead to Shyam for his excellent selection. The rest of the sarees and suits purchased were equally good, they spent nearly an hour appreciating all their new clothes.

Saroj suddenly realised what the time was, and yelled at everyone to hurry up, including the DIG Indrajit Saxena, who seemed to shudder at her angry voice. Nitin, Ajay and Sarang enjoyed watching this very much, although when Indrajit turned to look at them, they all pretended to be busy in their own work.

Soon both Amrita and Ajay got changed into traditional clothes.

Amrita was wearing a green and yellow Ghagra Choli while Ajay wore a simple white kurta over Jeans.