I knocked on the door letting my presence known to him. Looking down at my self feeling relieved that none of my previous patients had vomited on me this morning, yet.

"Good morning Mr Mortimer. I have–"

I entered after giving a light knock, my eyes wide when I saw my very sexy and very shirtless patient sitting on his bed facing the window.

I just froze and started assessing him, for medical reasons obviously.

He had tattoos all over most of his body, previous 'battle' scars and a shit load of muscle under all that.

"Anything you need Doctor?" his deep hoarse voice snapped me out of my daydream.

" Um, I– ugh." I babbled trying to regain my composure.

He chuckled lightly making me feel all sorts of things I haven't felt since I have been with Aj's dad.

"You also might want to wipe the drool from the corner of your lips away. " he pointed out standing up with a little struggle.

I blushed crimson and wiped my mouth trying to be as discreet as possible but I knew that in the corner of his eye he could see me. A small smile graced his lips as he picked out a t-shirt from the duffle bag at the other end of the room.

"You shouldn't be walking around like that with no assistance. You'll jump the stitches." I scowled him helping him back to the bed.

"You should be on bed rest and avoid strenuous activities." I continued to which he just smiled.

"What?" I asked, starting to get self-conscious.

"You just look really beautiful this morning." He casually confessed.

I felt my cheeks burn at his words. I needed to act professional so I avoided his gaze and helped him get comfortable on the bed.

"This is inappropriate Mr Mortimer. I'm still your doctor until you get you to get discharged." I added, walking off to check all the machines.

"But thank you." He nodded, accepting my gratitude.

"I'll come back later to sign your discharge papers when you will be transferred for your checkup with your own doctor in the other hospital at your request."

Our eyes met one last time before I left the room. Those brown eyes.

I am in deep trouble if I start getting all flustered for a patient.

I step out of his room and continue walking around checking his results. I can't rub off the feeling that Dr Ortega did something a few nights ago when Mr Mortimer went into cardiac arrest.

I was so concentrated that I hadn't realised that I bumped into none other than the head of the department of intensive care, Doctor Harrison.

"Miss Belle, I would suggest you pay more attention to where you are going. I could have been a patient, he could have fallen over and then boom!" he flicked my forehead sending me a step back.

"We would have been sued for negligence and other damages." he continued scolding me.

"I was expecting better things from such a bright doctor like you Miss Belle. Don't let that happen again." he sternly pointed at me before walking off.