CHAPTERSEVENTYTHREE

CHAPTER SEVENTY THREE

Blurryface is in a dark room, alone.

Actually, he doesn't even know if he can call it a room. It's just blackness.

He turns around, once, twice, to check his surroundings. It looks endless, and he's alone. Until he hears footsteps.

"Ah, Blurryface. You think you're quite the superior, don't you?"

Blurry turned around to be face to face with a white and black split toned face. He didn't say a word.

"You know, you're so young. Full of sin. That's really all you are." The man circled the boy. "It's not right to have sex before marriage. And it's certainly not right to be gay." Reisdro hissed. "You think it's okay to lie to me about your relationship with my son? Because it is the worst burden that has ever been put on me. People hate me know that they know my son wants to marry a boy."

Blurry looked up at the adult, expression unchanging from his scowl.

"This will catch up with you in the future, Blurryface. Don't think that it won't. For now," Reisdro held three fingers scarily close to the boy, but Blurry kept his red eyes open. "let's see what happens when you remove the sin."

Blurry knew there was a bruise where the man's fingers were headed, and he shivered fearfully as he felt the rough skin rub on his neck. The boy was confused as he ran his own fingers across the area. He turned only to see a reflection, similar to a mirror, of himself. He craned his neck, eyes widening when he saw.

There were three tan smears on his neck that were the exact same color as the rest of his body. The bruise was gone.

He turned to Reisdro. "What the hell did you do?!"

Reisdro chuckled harshly. "Helping you realize."

A daring lump in his throat, Blurry turned to look back at himself only to realize that Spooky's father was gone. He was going to cry. It was replaced with a soft touch on his back. The boy knew this touch anywhere.

"Caroline." He threw himself into the woman's soft embrace, a tear falling down his cheek. "I don't— I don't know what's happening." He sounded almost desperate. He was cracking.

"You're alright, come on. Stand up."

She helped the boy up, he sniffed, looking back at himself as Caroline kneeled eye level behind him, a hand on his shoulder.

"Blurry, I want you to think." Sweetness radiated from her voice. Blurry nodded absentmindedly. "Let's start here. What if you were like me? A perfect," she whispered.

The tan on his neck spread slowly until it wasn't discolored anymore. This wasn't right. His hands were normal too, and he looked down almost in horror. When he looked back up, his eyes were brown. "Wh—"

He was like his step-mother.

"Would Spooky have noticed you all that while ago?" It was a whisper, but suddenly Blurry was sitting at the lunch table they used to sit at in 10th grade.

He was writing on his arms, the ink was black instead of blue. He could hear Devotee's slightly higher voice say something, most likely about him, but he didn't care. He was more startled when someone cleared their throat.