CHAPTERSIXTY

CHAPTER SIXTY

The two walked hand-in-hand down the parking lot, close together because of the cold. The sun was out however, and the sky was a bright blue. Blurry needed a ride home today because Momentum had baseball practice after school and couldn't take him home. Technically if he wanted, the brunet could just walk about 7 minutes and reach his house but Spooky insisted on taking him home, because that meant they got to sit in his car and listen to music and talk prior to them leaving.

The two were silent, eyes squinted slightly from the sun. They got in the car, each slinging their backpacks to the backseats before Blurryface sighed, slouching back into his seat. He looked up at his boyfriend, who seemed like he was about to die.

Eyebrows raised, Blurry asked, "You want to talk about it?"

Spooky's eyes met the shorter's and he adjusted his hat slightly, "Do you really wanna know?"

"Yeah," Blurryface replied.

"Long story short, Nicotine knocked up some sophomore from a different school at a party, and since his parents are Mormons he'd get killed if he brought a baby home and didn't give it up for adoption or something. So he's giving it to Devotee for whatever reason, trust or whatever, and then in turn, Devotee's mom will kill him. Not because they're Mormon or anything, but because she'll think he knocked up a sophomore." Spooky was out of breath when he finished, Blurryface's expression changing throughout the entire thing.

"What the fuck? So, Devotee is just going to have to, y'know, take care of a child that isn't his?!" Blurryface raised his voice.

"That's what he told me," Spooky stressed.

"That whole situation is so fucked up, oh my God. And honestly, what is Nicotine trying to pull giving his baby to Devotee—oh my God, I can't believe I'm saying this—that's extremely unfair on his part. Are they still dating?"

"I really don't know," The redhead replied, "this whole thing is insane, you're right." There was a pause, and Blurryface broke the eye contact and looked ahead. Spooky Jim sighed, keeping his gaze. "Now," the redhead murmured, "do you wanna talk about what happened with you? The thirty second monologue before school didn't seem to do much," he said. The brunet's shoulders slumped.

"When got I home Sunday," Blurryface looked out the window, "my dad had a talk with me. Caroline got a new job recently, she hasn't been home because she's like, an hour away at her office. Which fucking sucks."

Spooky quietly took Blurry's hand, carefully, and the brunet shifted.

"And then, when my dad talked to me, he gave me all the shit for being gay or whatever, and he kept throwing insults at me like he had any authority to. Then when I accused him of not being there to raise me at all, he got pissed and we just started fighting. It was bad. And he keeps threatening me. This morning, he said if I didn't eat breakfast, he'd ground me. And then, right before I left, he got all close to me and told me that he didn't want to see me with you or whatever. Then he pushed me out the door. Fucking cunt. I don't know what happened to him, I'm just afraid that he pressured Caroline into," the red eyed boy breathed in, "into telling him or something."

"I would fucking murder him if I could, who does he think he is?" the paler muttered.

"You could probably take him out if you absolutely wanted to. He's skimpy, and always drunk and tired. But he'd call the police on you." Blurryface smiled sarcastically.

Spooky rolled his eyes. "I'm taking you home. To my house. My mom is home, but if we don't bother her, she won't care." He got his phone out, plugging the aux cord in and putting his music on shuffle.

"You sure?" The brunet sounded hesitant.

"Of course, Blur." Spooky's talking pace slowed. "You're fine, everything's going to be okay." The brown eyed boy leaned over to place a kiss on the other's cheek. It gave Blurryface a tinted blush, and his lips were upturned.

They would be fine.

AUTHORS NOTE

so it seems like you all flipped the fuck out the last chapter, so i thought i'd (try to) reassure you.

what happened in the last chapter is a big big part of this au as a whole, and although it may not seem like it for the rest of the book, it really is. lots of times in au's, there's much more to them other than just what happens in one book. as surprising as it may sound, ive had the plot lines and timelines of this whole thing in my head for a good few years now, but i just got around to finding a good place in blurry and spooky's timeline to write a book. once this is over, i'm going to hopefully have some oneshots published pertaining to this au and all that so stay tuned. for those of you who follow me on instagram, y'all know i'm open to talking about headcanons and stuff and honestly if you go back through my art you'll be able to find the child i talked about a bit ago. if you guys ever want to talk to me or have questions about this please shoot me a message or something, i'll fill you in lol.

this book (hopefully) isn't riverdale, i try my hardest not to throw in crap randomly for shits and giggles y'know?

on a completely different side note, today is dangerous sarcasm's first birthday! it's a whole ass year old! that's kinda sad to think i haven't finished it yet but oh well!!! i deadass ate a piece of cake today because of this lol.

i hope y'all are somewhat relived after reading that, sorry if it felt like i was dumping a whole load of shit on y'all. honestly if i were y'all, i'd be upset too whoops.

15