CHAPTERTHIRTYEIGHT

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

Blurryface groaned to himself, his laptop resting on his lap as he completed a lab write up which hadn't been touched in the past five minutes. Reaching for the blue ballpoint pen next to him, the boy uncapped it and started writing in a messy scribble onto his forearm. His mind didn't register what he was writing exactly, and once he was done, he put down the pen and continued typing.

He wasn't getting anywhere with his homework.

The brunet removed his old Macbook from his lap and stood, crouching down soon after to pick up the mess of paper and other piles of useless trash that was on his floor.

Mounds of words and phrases piled up, and he arranged them into a messy stack, bringing the papers over to his messy desk and laying them on top of a bunch of school things.

He sighed, leaning back on his bed and staring at the ceiling. He checked the time, it was 8:14 PM.

In the distance he saw his computer screen go black, signaling that it either died or was just asleep. He could finish his lab write up tomorrow.

The room was a disaster still. He would clean it, but Blurry didn't mind it being messy. He was in a sense organized, even if he left his shit everywhere. It's not like anyone ever came into his room anyways.

There was shuffling outside his door, and the red eyed boy heard his sister yelling as she made her way down the stairs about the door or something. He then heard Caroline's faint voice.

"Blurryface!" his sister, Gold, yelled.

"What?!"

"Get down here!"

Blurry moaned slightly, dragging himself out of bed, stumbling on the corner of his dresser on the way out of his room. He made his way down the stairs quickly, stopping at the last step to look at the door.

Caroline was making small talk quietly, Gold eventually walking away to the kitchen. It was weird for Blurry to see her this often, she was usually always out of the house.

Blurry made his way to the front door, Caroline looking at him and back to the guest. The blonde closed the door.

Blurryface gave a small wave to Spooky, looking at his step mother expectantly.

"We'll be upstairs I guess," Blurry murmured.

"Okay, just try and be quiet. Your father is asleep and I'm about to head off too and I really don't want to be disturbed." She looked over to the redhead, "And Spooky, please make sure he doesn't do anything stupid," she sighed. Spooky nodded. "If I hear you two I won't hesitate to kick you two outside. I need sleep," she laughed it off. Blurry knew she would probably actually kick them outside.

"We'll be quiet, Caroline."

"Thank you, now I'm gonna head off. If Spooky doesn't stay the night try not to make too much noise if you leave, okay?"

Both of the boys nodded, Blurryface slowly grabbing the taller boy's hand and leading him upstairs, Gold staring at the two from the kitchen.

Once the door was shut, Spooky let go of Blurry's hand and took a seat at the brunet's desk.

"So are you just going to start showing up out of nowhere, now?" Blurry asked, taken back.

"Well for the record," Spooky started, "I asked you if I could earlier today."

"Well I didn't know if you were actually going to follow through! And you could've sent me a text." Blurry sassed back.

"But there's no fun in that, is there?" the readhead smirked, receiving a groan from the boy across from him.