CHAPTERFOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

The lunchroom was crowded like usual, students chattering with each other about things that were none of Spooky Jim's concern. The line to get food was packed. Spooky just trudged along.

Mushy looking food and a bag of some off-brand chips were dumped on his tray as he made his way through. He exited, looking down at his lunch to see what the hell the food even was. He took inventory.

Mashed potatoes, a salad, some kind of meat, chips—

"I suggest you watch where you're going,"

Spooky bumped into someone, looking in the direction of the voice to find Fun Ghoul with a frown on his face.

"Sorry." Spooky muttered. There was a shift in both of them, and before Spooky could walk off, he was stopped.

"Hey, why don't you come sit with me and my friends?" Ghoul asked casually.

"What the hell? No thanks, I'm good—"

"C'mon!" Fun Ghoul insisted. Spooky backed away, Ghoul frowned. "Dude, just for now? I haven't talked to you, like actually talked, for over a year!"

Spooky didn't say a word. Ghoul was going to sit here and pretend like he and his dumb boyfriend didn't completely betray the redhead. Spooky had been just fine with his current friends for the past year, sifting with them at lunch included.

He should've said that aloud, because Ghoul took Spooky's silence as a yes, taking Spooky's arm and dragging him over to a table that held Party Poison, Soul Punk, Young Menace and Kobra Kid. Kobra was Party's brother, and Soul and Menace were their other friends or whatever. Spooky groaned. If he didn't already hate today, he did now. A feeling of dread built up inside him.

Fun Ghoul sat the new redhead down and plopped himself across from him, next to Party.

Spooky Jim gave a quick glance over to the table that held the actual group of people he associated with, all of them staring at him in bewilderment and confusion.

Looking back, the party at the current table was staring at him too, confused.

"This is Spooky Jim, you all know him, maybe not you, Kid, but all of us do. We used to be friends!"

Kobra Kid cleared his throat, "Hello."

Spooky waved hesitantly. Why did Fun Ghoul drag him here? Did he want something? Did he want a redemption arc?

"So, you have any friends?" the ebony asked, as if he didn't already know the answer. Spooky really didn't know what he had gotten into. He almost laughed.

"Yes?" he replied.

Party Poison laughed, "How is that a question? We see you around your new people all the time!"

"I don't know? Why are you asking me this when you know?"

Ghoul shrugged. "Some people don't."

"So, who do you usually sit with?" Menace asked, sliding a napkin.

"He sits with Devotee an' that lot." Party mumbled, taking small bites out of his tray. His voice wasn't pleasant.

"How do you stand them?" Kobra Kid asked with wide eyes, "And isn't Devotee like a satanist or something? And Hurricane is always high and that Curs-"

"No, no nothing like that," Spooky Jim reassured the freshman wearily, "well, maybe not Hurricane but that's not the point."

"Also how about Blurryface?"

"He just gets moody," Spooky replied, opening his bags of chips.

"Doesn't seem like it," Soul Punk muttered. It was the first word he'd said since Spooky Jim sat down.

"Why do you even talk to them?"

"Dunno," Spooky muttered. I did it because you little fucks abandoned me for no good reason. He wasn't going to launch into what had happened, that was just a key to a giant ass fight. Long story short, it was a family issue that distanced Party and Ghoul from Spooky and they ended up in a fight, leaving Spooky to find new friends. He shifted his eyes, glancing back at his friends. Nicotine positioned his hands in a slitting motion across his throat. All of their eyes still remained on Spooky.

Fun Ghoul smirked, "They're all staring at you. Suppose we should let you go before Crimson stars screaming."

The red haired boy nodded absently, eyes still on his friends.

"Bye, Spooky," Kobra Kid said quietly.

"Oh, uh, bye."

Spooky took his tray and walked over to the other table hurriedly. Everyone looked confused as hell.

"What the fuck was that?" Devotee asked once he got there. "They're not trying to get you back, are they? That's over and fucking done with."

"Hell if I know," Spooky grimaced.