CHAPTERSEVENTYTWO

CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO

spooks
you on your way

pretty boy
yes

spooks
okay
you get to meet the newest family member :')

pretty boy
i what
spooky what the hell did you do

spooks
you'll see

pretty boy
i'm terrified

spooks
it's okay, you'll love him

pretty boy
strong word choice, but okay
i'm starting to regret this

spooks
poor blurry

Blurry rolled his eyes, turning onto the redhead's street. He arrived sooner, parking his car to the side and getting out. Spooky was at the door, waiting patiently.

Bag hauled over his shoulder, Blurry made his way to the front door with a grin on his face. He dropped it at their feet, giving his boyfriend a short kiss. "Happy birthday, dumbass."

Spooky smirked. "Thank you, pretty boy."

"Now, where's this family member you were talking about?"

"Inside," Spooky replied. He opened the door, letting Blurry in, closing it behind him.

There was a pen set up in the living room, and Blurry was met with the sound of small barking and a bundle of dark brown fur.

"You got a dog? Oh my God, Spooky. Dogs are... I don't like dogs," Blurry stressed. The taller only smiled.

"I know, but I promise this one isn't mean or scary. He's adorable. You're gonna love him."

"I'm going to die."

Spooky laughed, leading the brunet over to the pen that was set up. There was food and water inside with what Blurry assumed were training pads, along with chew toys.

Blurry watched carefully. The puppy wasn't too tiny, but it wasn't giant either. It had big, fluffy dark brown fur and light brown eyes.

He wasn't having it.

"What's it's name?" Blurry asked in a whisper, almost as if he spoke too loud it would harm the dog.

Spooky looked down at the bundle of fur. "His name is Josh! He's a rescue, 5 months old."

"What the fuck kind of name is Josh?"

"I don't know," Spooky shrugged. "It fit. Anyways, this is my new child."

"You haven't been an adult for a day and you're already jumping straight into parenthood," sighed Blurry.

"I did better than Nicotine."

Blurry felt bad for laughing. "I'm very scared. Does this mean the dog... is my child too...?"

"That's for Josh to decide," Spooky replied. The puppy wagged his tail like crazy, he looked happy, and he was looking straight at Blurry. The redhead picked the dog up, holding him out slightly so the brunet could see. Noticing his hesitation, Spooky said, "You can pet him y'know. He's very soft, and he won't bite. He's just excited!"

Blurry held out a hesitant hand, rubbing it slowly in the dog's fur. Spooky was right. He was soft. "Hello," the boy murmured slowly. Josh barked happily in return. Blurry almost smiled, still jumping back surprisingly.

"See, he likes you. Nothing to dislike here." Spooky's voice was airy.

Blurry continued to pet the small dog, letting it sniff his hand. "What if he shits on me?"