CHAPTERTWENTYNINE

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

The mall was empty for a Friday afternoon, the two boys fooling around in a clothing store meant for basic teenage girls. Blurry stood in front of a mirror, lost in the sight of himself as he stared.

He was taken out of his trance when Spooky appeared behind him, throwing a beanie at his face.

Blurry caught the beanie, startled. It wasn't hipster looking or anything, and it was an obnoxious red.

"What the fuck, Spooky? This thing looks gross."

"Try it on," Spooky Jim suggested.

Blurry scoffed, slipping the red beanie over his head and pulling it down so it covered his ears and most of his eyebrows. He turned his head a little, examining it. It looked odd, but he didn't mind.

"It matches your Satan eyes," Spooky Jim joked.

"I'm not the one with raccoon eyes there, Spooky."

"Ouch. I wasn't saying anything bad about your eyes, They're... pretty?" Spooky awkwardly said, voice flat at the end. Both mentally cringed at the gesture.

"Don't use pretty in a sentence about me ever again," Blurry warmed him, turning around. Spooky laughed, and it scared the other.

"Now I might just do it to get on your nerves."

"Jokes on you, I'm actually buying this stupid thing," Blurryface took the beanie off.

Spooky folded his arms. "Alright, go for it. It's a pretty beanie."

"I swear-" Blurry started, walking away from the other boy in a fast pace.

"Keep talking, pretty boy. It's only making things worse." Spooky Jim went after him, a smirk on his face as they ended up side by side.

"Whoa there, hot stuff. Slow down with your remarks!" Blurry faux exclaimed. Spooky Jim only appreciated the name more, bumping Blurryface in the arm.

"Anything for you, pretty-"

Blurry stopped, turning to slap Spooky across the cheek, leaving a stinging mark on his check. Spooky only smiled, using his hand to touch the red flesh.

"Damn, that was a nice slap," the red haired boy remarked.

"Shut the fuck up, don't call me that again. Come on, you're paying for this fucking hat, asshole."

Spooky Jim rolled his eyes, being dragged along to the check out counter as a smile spread on Blurryface's pink-red lips.

"Did you find everything alright?" The cashier asked, batting her eyelashes as she tried to swoon Blurryface. She was blonde with bangs, and had an aesthetic similar to that of a girl who got arrested from their school last year, except you could see the plastic surgery around her face and the obvious breast job. The red eyed boy rolled his eyes.

"Yes, I did."

The blonde smiled almost sickeningly, leaning up against the counter. "Okay, I'm assuming you don't have a rewards card, so I'll just go ahead and get your receipt." She shifted away, looking the brunet up and down. "You look really cute, I'd love to get to know you sometime. My break is soon!"

Blurry felt extremely weirded out. This cashier was really inappropriate, too much for his liking.

Spooky Jim stepped in, aggravated at the girl's attempts to get at Blurry, "You look really annoying, and it is so extremely rude of you to try and get into a customer's pants like that, thank you very much. It could get you fired." He gave her a fake smile.

Beth Anne huffed, silent. "You're no fun, are you? Just pay already. I have other people to sleep with anyways,"

"Yuck, that's a bad fuck if you ask me," Blurry grumbled, "I prefer dick." His nose was scrunched in distaste.

Beth Anne only snatched the money from Spooky Jim's outstretched hand, placing the beanie in a pastel shopping bag. "Glad your friend stopped me from having sex with someone like you."

"And that's my cue to leave. C'mon Spooks! We have better places to be!"

Spooky Jim shot the girl one last death glare as they left.

"So, dick huh?" Spooky asked the brunette once they were outside the store and had walked a nice distance away. Blurry shot him a glare, eyes flaming.

"Do-don't say anything about that." Blurryface hissed.

"I wouldn't do that, Blur, don't worry. True or not, that girl looked like she came from some pile of shit."

"Why would she hit on me, though?" Blurry let out a laugh. "That was fucking horrifying, I hate going out in public like this."

"Because you're pretty," a crooked smile settled on the brown eyed boy's face as he gave a knowing look to Blurryface.

Blurryface hit the other with the mint-colored bag. "I legitimately want to kill you. Let's go. I'm tired of this place, and school's out already."

"Will do," Spooky replied. They walked some more in silence. "That party is tomorrow, fuck."

"Ready to sit in a room and sulk for a good five hours?"

"That's very funny," Spooky Jim sighed.

AUTHORS NOTE

you guys aren't ready for the next chapter lmao rip all of you