CHAPTERTHREE

CHAPTER THREE

Blurryface's room was an absolute wreck if you looked at it.

The beige paint on the barren walls was old, zero personality inserted and most likely destroyed by stains from ink and food alike. His bed was withered and scratched, the white comforter atop messy grey sheets that most likely hadn't been washed in years. The floor was the worst, cluttered, journals and pages torn with scribbles of sorts, thoughts that could never be said aloud, mixed with homework and old school forms. A dusty bookshelf held dirtied pictures and an old record player, three vinyl records accompanying it. Clothes lay in broken dresser drawers, some in discarded piles elsewhere.

And Blurryface, well he was probably the most ruined of it all, like the candle on top of a heavily frosted cake. You could hear pencil scratches against notebook paper and the soft turn of textbook pages as he worked on his homework, a grimace upon his face. He exhaled in frustration and glanced up at his surroundings, tapping his fingers against his leg without knowing it. Purple circles accompanied his under eyes, and he struggled to keep himself awake.

Blurry collapsed backwards onto the floor, exhausted.

He stared at the ceiling fan, idle hands fumbling against each other. The room was quiet, eyes trailed on the loosely spinning fan. Somehow, this was better than doing homework, and all the sudden he wasn't tired.

"Blurryface?" A call came from below, his step mother. She was a nice lady, beautiful in someone's eyes. Long and curly blonde hair, light green eyes and fair skin. She had a good heart, full goodness radiating in every step she took. Caroline.

She was too good of a person for Blurry.

He could hear her footsteps coming up the stairs, the nicely polished stairs that completely contrasted against the teenager's bedroom.

"Blurry?" Her high voice spoke softly as she peeked through the doorway. Blurry sat up, throwing his Algebra textbook on the floor.

"Come on, I'm trying to get something done!" Blurryface yelled in anger. Stress immediately left his shoulders. He was in fact, not trying to get anything done. Most of the time, like right now, it was all excuses.

Caroline wasn't fazed by this. "Oh, I'm sorry to interrupt. Dinner is in a bit though, thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to join us tonight."

"I-I'm sorry." Blurry spoke, relieving some breaths before picking the book up and turning his textbook page.

"No worries, it's okay. I know you've been stressed at school. I'll bring your dinner up to you so you can finish." Caroline brought a smile to her lips. Blurry sighed, grateful yet still annoyed. He couldn't ever get her to crack, it was as if she was immune.

"I'll leave you to it. I'm estimating about 10 minutes 'till dinner's ready." Caroline left.

Blurry wasn't going to join them. His family was too much. Gold probably wasn't even home yet from whatever friend's house she had left to, Momentum was just straight up aggravating and the last person on earth Blurryface would ever want to willingly spend time with would be his father. His entire family somehow found a way to get under his skin.

Their house was too cookie cutter, their beliefs were too standard and their personalities were too gritty. Too many things were restricted and far too much respect was expected.

A minor thing was that no one was aloud to speak of the children's biological mother, because she was all around despicable. She ran off to another country without notice after the children were born, leaving the father alone. The times Blurry's heard of his mom, his father only describes her as a ghost. Her soul left too often for her to be able to take care of her own family.

It wasn't relevant, but sometimes, Blurry felt that he was just like his mother. A soulless ghost that everyone hated.

He hoped his mother was in a better place.

AUTHORS NOTE

i'm so tired hhhh
also thanks to my buddy ryan for making me post this ily